Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#571920 12/22/09 12:21 AM
S
stracy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Okay, here's my dilemma...I have been dating this man for 9 months. Not once has he invited me to any parties. I can understand guys and girls need their friend time, but once in a while I think an invite would be appropriate, especially since many of these get togethers have been with his friends and their girlfriends/wives. We work together (separate departments), but do know a lot of the same people and it's getting to the point where even they think it's strange...I'm asked "are you going"? "Why didn't you go?" The icing on cake was just recently...he made plans to go to a huge hotel party with...his friends. Okay, no summer, Christmas, now New Years parties together...what is the problem? He says he likes to go alone..okay, but every single time? Need help/suggestions

Sponsored Post Advertisement
stracy #572185 12/23/09 11:14 AM
K
k2y Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
From what you described, it does seem a bit curious that he insists on attending these events alone every single time especially considering that the two of you aren't a brand new couple. To me, it seems like a red flag that should not be ignored.

Of course it is perfectly normal for people to want to do certain things without their significant others once in a while but regularly going solo to social gatherings is something that people generally do when they are single and hoping to mingle.

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is to simply tell him how this behavior of his makes you feel. Be careful in the way that you approach him though. Don't make any accusations or point fingers but instead, just let him know that you are feeling somewhat left out. Explain that while you are okay with the idea of him hanging out with only his friends every now and then, you also need him to make some sort of effort to include you in those plans once in a while.

What you do from there depends largely on his reaction to the conversation. Healthy relationships are built on a foundation of communication, trust, and compromise. If he truly cares about you and wants to make the relationship work, then he should take your feelings into consideration and be willing to compromise with you on this issue. Otherwise, you might be better off cutting your losses and searching for a more suitable partner; one who understands and appreciates your feelings and needs, as well as his own.

Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck!

k2y #575865 01/05/10 11:12 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wow. Is he seriously into you or just looking for excitement with you? You need to draw the line and tell him to show you more commitment.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.