logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#573963 12/30/09 04:07 PM
hoodie Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, hoping someone can help me know what to do with my orchid, it was a gift from a friend a few months ago and seemed to be doing well. I had it on my dining table with south/east window exposure. Recently I moved it to put some pointsettias on the table (had to keep them away from kitty), and in the last week all the blossoms fell off and I've noticed also that the aerial roots are very dried out from tips to about 1-2 inches from the plant. The leaves themselves look good, and the roots under the soil appear to be green so I think it is healthy. I also noticed a couple of days ago that it had been sitting in a pool of water in the bottom of the pot so perhaps I had overwatered it. I dumped the water out and have been letting it sit but as I said, all the flowers have dropped off in the last few days. I'm concerned about the aerial roots being so dried out. Any thoughts on what I can do to help it survive? I've moved it back to the dining table spot... OR, is this normal? thank you!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
O
hoodie,

I am sure that the interior of your house is very dry due to winter heating. I mist my orchids daily with RO water. I sometimes add fertilizer to the misting.

P
P
What kind of orchid is it? To help with humidity, put some decorative gravel on the plate the plant sits on and keep water in it. Don't let the pot sit directly in water as it will cause the roots to rot.

S
S
It is important to know what kind of orchid it is to help with your problem

M
M
i need to know what type of orchid you have also the temp in y our lounge maybe then i could give you some ideas cheers maurie from aussieland

Moderated by  Anu D - Orchids 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.