logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do we sometimes set ourselves up for stress during the holidays? Unreal expectations, trying to make everyone happy, etc? Let us know what you think . . .

I've just posted the Self Development feature article for this week: Enjoying The Holidays Is A Mind-Set

For our Self Development newsletter subscribers, here is the answer to our pearl of wisdom quiz - a.TRUE

If you'd like to learn about the newest articles on Self Development site and participate in our weekly quiz - please sign up for the free weekly newsletter. Here's the link: FREE Self Development Newsletter

Thank you for reading and participating in our forum!

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Thank you for the great article Sharon! I think everything in life is a "mindset". We all have our preconceived notions about what will happen in the future. Personally, my mood will set the tone for whatever the current event is, and so it goes if my expectation isn't positive, then neither will be my attitude going into it, thus making it difficult to shake it off once I'm in the situation. I also find, as I get older, that those situations that once would put me into a state of aggravation, I walk in with confidence that I'm going to react differently than I have in the past. It's usually a conscious effort, making me aware and analytical of the triggers of the past. One can probably guess that past events haven't been really positive for me. It all started with a song - Sister Hazel "Change Your Mind" and the movie "The Secret" After years of therapy, I always thought it was just psycho-babble - "It's all in your head", "The choice is Yours", "You're in control of yourself" - well, it wasn't until I took a leap and TRIED IT FOR MYSELF - tested the "theory", that I found that it was absolutely true. Here's to HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND HAPPY EVERY DAY! You are Joy! Joyfully, Janet

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.