Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#568918 12/04/09 04:45 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Gay marriage is a topic that is widely debated. But in all reality, why should anyone worry about whether someone gets married or not?

Let me know your thoughts. Please also read my article here

Toni Collinson
Civil Rights Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Amen!

I think that two people who are in a loving relationship that is stable should be able to get married: gay, straight, or bi!

THe thing people get stuck on is the religious connotations of MARRIAGE verses the fact that it is simply a civil contract with our govt.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Parakeet
Parakeet
Why would 2 men want to marry unless they are both out of their minds?

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
My feeling is that any time 2 people love each other enough to make a promise to care for each other for as long as they live, that is a good thing for society and should be encouraged.

Elephant
Elephant
WOuld two women marrying be ok for you? SInce you ask why 2 men would want to marry

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
P
P
Just like the issue of homosexuality itself, this question (and therefore the answer) isn't as black and white as most people think or believe it to be. I'm new on this forum, and would like to share with you the answer...give me some time to assemble my thoughts, and I will provide you all with something very thought-provoking based on truthful facts, logic, and reason. You will notice that any references that I use will be both non-religious and also not from pro-homosexual sources as well. At that point, you can draw your own conclusions about the issue of homosexuality and same sex marriage. I shall return with a very thorough and detailed answer...

Last edited by Pat83; 09/05/10 02:45 AM.
P
P

Last edited by Pat83; 09/05/10 11:08 AM.
P
P

Last edited by Pat83; 09/05/10 10:51 AM.
Gecko
Gecko
The expalnation is simple. Marriage is about religion where it started and government and rights are a whole differnet ball of wax. You cannot mix the two as water and oil do not mix. You can create all the laws you want but you can never change peoples beliefs (at least not so easily although you are trying by always ingesting PC into the game)

P
P
The LGBT community wouldn't be arguing for their "right" to marry if it were just about love. Anybody can celebrate their love and commitment for each other in any way kind of celebration or ceremony they come up with...a contract of the heart is what I'm talking about here. So saying that marriage is a "right" to begin with is based on false pretenses. Based on that, lobbying for same sex marriage is hypocrisy. And based on what you just stated, straight people wouldn't be arguing against the homosexuals "right" to marry if it were just about love. Yes, marriage is a religious construct that the government got their greasy paws into. So don't you think it is also very hypocritical for anybody (including straight) to be granted and accept legal incentives and tax write offs for being married and/or having children? (This is somewhat of a rhetorical question)

Last edited by Pat83; 09/05/10 05:31 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.