Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#502740 03/14/09 09:54 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have heard so many people saying that despite what people think, men do like women who aren't what the media portrays women to look like. So, they may actually like women with flaws, with some excess fat, skin, etc. -- women who eat and don't care about it, or are not worried about whether or not the gained weight, etc. Yet I have a hard time believing it! I'm looking into doing a study at my college about this sort of topic, and before starting it I want to get some background info. to try and get rid of biases I have. From looking around, I often notice that men are attracted to two type of women: beautiful, "stereotypical" images of women (no fat except for breats and booty, creamy skin of whichever color they like, slim and slender, etc.) or women who may not be "perfect" in appearance but are sexually active. So, tell me (your own experience with men being attracted to you if you are a woman, or if you are a man...what types of body/bodies are you attracted to) what is a beautiful, and attractive, female body? And is that all there is...?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I think some men are affected by media fashions just as women are (and they are fashions - look at fifties models compared to today, compared to Rubens times, or to the skeletal look in medieval times). I'm a UK size 12-14 (US 10-12) and quite curvy, and maybe because of this tend to get men with a thing for either boobs or bum. I have been variously advised to lose weight and told off for losing weight by different boyfriends, so make what you like of that! One conclusion I have reached is that within certain proportional parameters, your exact body size seems to be less important than how you hold it, and ability to move and dance well, i.e men are certainly visual but don't just respond to static images. Maybe this relates to your idea of men being attracted to sexually active women - you could say its more a confidence thing. hope this helps, and thanks, thinking about it you've inspired me to go do some dance practice!

Marianne Gibson
Russian Culture
T
T
I dated this guy for 30 years lived with him for 2 1/2 years and looked through his dresser draws and saw pictures of all kinds of women,sizes,looks etc (it didn't matter to him). I think he dated any kind until he got bored or they realized the situation was going nowhere. That happened to us after spending 21/2 years together.We ended our friendship and love affair and found out his true character. Cheater And womanizer but women don't understand why a guy 60 is still single and on every free dating site in vegas?

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I think women make more of a fuss over it then most men do. Some men do fall for that sort of thing, REAL men don't. A good quality man who truly loves you will accept you and be pleased with just the way you are. When it's love, imperfection is perfection.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I think the initial point was about visual attraction, which I think is important for most people, albeit generally not the sole basis for a deep and meaningful relationship. Maybe the idea of 'types' is a bit simplistic though, so many factors are involved it might be quite tricky to sort through them and reach a conclusion Good luck with your research though!

Marianne Gibson
Russian Culture
G
G
Gals-You are forgetting the biggest difference between us, men are VISUALLY attracted to us! They look at our eyes THEN our bodies. Most of the men I have met like a gal with a sense of humor NOT a [censored]! Pretty panties, nice perfume... that's icing on the cake. Concentrate on the basics and initially talk about MUTUAL areas of intrest: new care, boats,things he's intrested in, THEN start bringing up the gal topics. Trust me,,,they are ckueless to our fashions - when was the last time you saw a guy pick up a copy of Cosmo? Enough said! Let us know how you make out! Gal_Nancette

D
D
personally most men including my boyfriend im 41 hes 43 he told me he would love to have a young 20 something skinny and beautiful.. knows it comes with baggage and says its not worth it. says he accepts me and my flaws and i have many of them no skinny chick here or perfection.. he says that he loves the person i am inside and out and that cannot be replaced and is not worth loosing me for something else.. he says its the guys ego to want what as women dream of their ideal guy or celeb.

K
K
Most men are visual. I recently broke up with a man in his 40's that was looking for a Mother. He fell apart when I needed to have surgery and was not helpful at all.

I seem to attract needy men because I'm a sucker for a sob story. I also am self supporting and they think i will take care of them so they don't have to work.

I am attracted to macho type guys and have paid the price. My first love was in the mafia and was killed. He could be really nice or abusive if he was drinking. He was sooo handsome though. He looked like a mix of Robert Redford and Robert Dinero. The sex was incerdible! I was so in love with him. After he died I took some time off and then met another tall handsome man. He was mentally abusive and it only lasted 5 years. My divorce lawyer said he was the most selfish person he had ever met.

I have dated one really nice man. He was smart and had a nice home and a great job. After 5 years and the fact that I did not want to get married we broke up. I still regret that decision.

After him I have dated a few losers. One of them was bisexual and I found out a year later! I am taking some time off and working on my relationship with God. I would rather be alone then with in a lousy relationship.

W
W
There is no standard man and so there is no standard kind of woman he is attracted to. It would be simple if there were. If you concentrate on self-development and become confident and outgoing, you will attract men whatever you look like. From what I have seen in life, I firmly believe there is a partner for everyone but they do not always come along when you think they should ! Yes, there are people who follow the advertising images that the media would have us believe. Just like there are people who believe the government is telling us the truth :-) Having found two partners online, I seriously think that we have a 'check-list' of things that are requirements in a partner. If the essentials are fulfilled, then a lot of the rest can be accepted too. Just a though to go with your college thesis.

K
K
Oops, Sorry I didn't answer the question!

Men want a pretty woman on their arm, a tiger in bed and their Mother in the kitchen!

Most of my men have gone for my breasts I think. Men also like a woman with a pretty face and a little extra is ok. Men love women that cook and bake.

I have no trouble attracting men even with average looks because I have a good personality. I agree with weifan that a woman needs to have a check list of requirements. Most of the men that like me are not good for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.