Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
We have usually kept things pretty simple when it came to the holiday table but this year I think I am going to put a little effort in. I got some great ideas from a Scott Common Sense article but wanted to see if anyone has and cheap and chic ideas.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Try using battery operated light packs mixed in with your greenery to add a bit of unexpected sparkle to your table. these are easy to find these days as most big box craft stores carry them. I actually stocked up on them last year at Michael's after Christmas and got several sets at 75% off!

Also, chair covers add a lot of elegance to a table, can be done rather inexpensively and easily.

Chandelier, add some greens and bows, or maybe a few ornaments hanging down from it.

Take some clear glass salt & pepper shakers from the dollar store and paint them with stained glass paint. Krylon makes stained glass spray paint that makes this really easy as long as you do light coats. One red, one green for example.

How about some elegant holiday place cards?

Look around and see what you already have that will work for you. We decided to do a more elegant Christmas this year since the kids are older now, and we had to buy surprisingly few supplies to change it out.

Last edited by Sarah Roop; 11/21/09 01:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.