logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
You are welcome. I am happy to be here. Everyone has their own feelings, their own point of view - that is human characteristics. It is just difficult for some people to realize that there are differences in each of us and we need to learn to accept that. If I read something that bothers me or I strongly disagree with in one of the forums I just stay away rather try to force my POV on others who believe otherwise.

That is very interesting about your husband picking up on your feelings. Several members of my family have strong intuitive abilities and we can often pick up each other's thoughts or feelings. My younger brother and I often know what the other is thinking or going to say and sometimes (if it is funny) we laugh with each other before even saying anything and know one else knows why.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, Native American
If I read something that bothers me or I strongly disagree with in one of the forums I just stay away rather try to force my POV on others who believe otherwise.

That's up to you. But I'm not trying to 'force my POV', I'm just pointing out that there is no official evidence to back up claims made on this thread that certain people can cause nausea in others just by standing next to them or by someone looking at their photograph. I'm not calling you names, being rude, or offensive, I'm just questioning your statements.

Originally Posted By: Eleise - Clairvoyance
It is a fact nausea is the feeling I get when a bad person or lieing person crosses "paths" (energy) with me. Every time if they are in the vacinity of my person in either a photo or physical space.

So (genuine question) how do you cope when you're out shopping, for example, in a mall full of people? Most folks have told a lie at some point in their lifetime so you're bound to be surrounded by people who occasionally lie, does this sensitivity make it impossible for you to leave the house without becoming physically ill? How about watching TV - if a photo can make you ill then surely you're going to encounter thousands of 'bad' people on the screen?

Last edited by big alignment; 10/30/09 09:56 AM.
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Just to shed a little scientific light on the matter for big alignment...I'm not sure if you're understanding or just not identifying with the quantification that they use for determination of whether someone can affect a person's physical state. First and foremost, quantifying paranormal or extraperception is still in a working model. The difficulty involved is that to perform scientific experiementation, you must have a constant, someone who is untouched by anything outside of "normal". Only a person with very little emotion could perform in this position and would have to participate in all the experimental tests. Second, the variables would have to be quantified and the ability to deduce how that quantification would be measured is done by the factors that the scientist would perceive as influential on the experiment itself. For example, the temperature, the weather, people's perceptions on appearance, racial or economic biases, etc. This being said, while performing experiments that involve humans, a human factor is included in experimentation and quantified by how the person is emotionally affected. This is a true quantification factor, and, although it can be biased based on the scientist performing the experiment, if the same scientist is used through a series of tests and then another scientist performs the same tests with similar results with enough data to support the similarities within a specific percentage (less than 5%) statistically, a theory can be proposed as the hypothesis has been theoretically proven or not proven. This being explained, a hypothesis is currently being worked on...something called "energy vampires". I saw this on Discovery some time ago where scientists are attempting to prove that some people can literally suck the energy out of you. By using light models that can visualize energy coming and going, the before and after images of the people that lost energy, and the before and after images of the person who gained the energy, it was proven that, yes, some people are more capable of withdrawing energy from others and some people are more capable of lending energy to others. While it may not be scientific fact, yet, the proof is undeniable. If you are so against believing in any of the accounts here, perhaps you should be your own rabbit, arrange experiments and proof or disprove it yourself. However, I recommend you read up on how to properly conduct a scientific experiment of this caliber and ensure that you explain your quantification measurements, and of course, do your math right statistically. People of all different levels should be included in your experiment to allow for the wide range of abilities within the human race. It should take you about five years to do it right with enough data. Good luck to you. I, however, will continue to know that these people are attempting to explain that an extraperception ability is difficult to control and sometimes a person can affect you and sometimes not, but it is difficult to explain and put into words. A feeling is not a yes or no, but an overwhelming sense that overcomes the ability to think logically, when the emotion and extraperception parts of your brain overpower the rest. Open your mind and the learning possibilities are endless. Close it and you already wrote your own book with limited viewpoints and answers.

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Big Alignment to answer one of your questions.
When I go into public areas I have learned a way to protect myself in advance.
I do get caught by surprise at times by a photo or a draining person. There too I have learned how to deal.

I also ignore statements or POV's which are non-relevant to what I see and feel - even when it is in a thread I am interested in.

Elleise, do you feel that clairvoyant gifts are inherited or learned? Did either of your parents experience feelings like you do around some people?

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 10/30/09 12:53 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Melody, thanks for the word "Extraperception." I don't think I've ever heard that, and it fits very well.

Big Alignment, I'm not certain why you seem to be "stuck" on the nasuea reaction. It's such a common physiological response to things other than extraperception. For some, it's the sight of blood, or can be associated with phobias, such as fear of spiders, heigths, crowds. Some have that response at horror movies, and yet continue to watch them. Things which cause nausea in humans is a Long List.

If the sight of blood can make someone nauseated, why is it so hard to acknowledge the presence of a person could as well?

Please do not turn this around, or remove it from context! I am NOT comparing, or grouping all of us with some level of extraperception, and our physiological responses, to those with phobias. I am only stating our physiological responses/reactions can be similar, and as wide-ranging. Nausea is just one of them. No one here is "promoting" nausea, it's not a pleasant feeling. We are simply stating we can and have experienced this physical reaction when in the proximity of certain people, or in specific geographical areas. We have looked back on the reactionary situation, or have experienced it again and formed an explanation for ourselves based on the specifics of those particular situations.

If someone comes to this thread who has had similar experiences, they can know they are not alone in this reaction, and can begin to explore the cause of this reaction for themselves.

Stating we are incorrect in our theories is not expressing your point of view. Stating there is no accepted scientific proof of the cause we have theorized is not a point of view either. You've commented that you have also had unusual experiences. Sharing those, with the similarities and differences, your theories, etc. is a point of view we'd all appreciate and welcome.

You've asked a very important question - How do we cope with this in public? I think our coping mechanisms are as unique as our physiological responses/reactions. It took trial and error to discover what worked for me. I'm also extremely sensitive to chemicals and fragrance, so that's a double whamy I have to deal with when in public.

I've been trying to sort this out most of my life, and have found my physiological reactions to be very accurate over time. Each time I have ignored, or rationalized them, it has not ended well. The times my reaction was completely incorrect could be counted on one hand. That's over a period of almost 40 years.

My reactions vary in intensity and physiological area. The most prevalent is a sensation of the skin "Crawling" on my neck and shoulders, but I have also experienced nausea. When I feel it coming on, I try to quickly identify the source. I then have two options, distance myself, or "shields" up.

If I can't physically leave, I visualize a protective shield around me to block the "negativity," or whatever you want to call it, that is causing my physical response. I'm not blocking myself from all interaction, but protecting myself with a layer of white light, positive energy. That's how I do it, that's the best way I can describe it.

This doesn't work all the time, as some are very adept at maintaining their facade. My reaction may be minimal and I'll let my guard down.

Maintaining a facade and the energy that consumes is precisely where all of this got started. It seems we've come full circle. So here's a very recent example.

In May, I ran into a former tax client, down on her luck. I jumped in to help, as usual. When she got evicted, I packed her up, and cleaned her place, with the skin crawling. Notice I didn't say "helped." This was my first physical reaction ignored, as I attributed it to irritation. She was moving into a most dire situation, so I offered the use of our RV until she could find something safer.

It didn't take long for my husband and I to see through the facade. But it took 3 months to get her out, by which time I was physically ill and drained. Our friends picked up on her "negativity" and would not come to our house for any length of time. It was hardest for my husband. I had given my word she could stay until Sept 3rd, and he would not allow me to take it back, no matter how hard things got. Things got Hard, and we are still trying to recouperate emotionally, physically, and financially.

My contact with her had been minimal over the years, and she was very good at projecting and maintaining a happy, positive facade. I allowed generosity to override my "alert" system and I've paid for it dearly. I have a theory the energy required for her facade could be drawn from those around her. This is based on my being physically drained for no apparent reason since mid July. Scientifically proven? No, but my husband and friends will attest to the actuality.

Big Alignment, have any of your unusual experiences included "irrational" physical responses/reactions to certain people or places? What was the outcome?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
P
P
So much for Big Alignment not posting on the topic any more. This thread took place over a month ago and I still feel Big Alignments upset and frustration at being unable to convince every one else of his/her chosen views. I applaud the rest of you for remaining so calm and centered while putting out rational thoughts in support of your personal knowledge and beliefs. I too have to shield myself when I am around crowds of people and have become quite the recluse most of the time and even avoid the TV as it can unwittingly assault my senses and feelings. My husband doesn't really understand he just hugs me or gets me the Kleenex when I loose it. One time at a friends' sons wedding when I looked at the grooms grandmother I was so overcome with sadness that I couldn't stop crying for almost two hours, I still don't know what happened but I had absolutely no control and everyone was wary and avoided me. My husband asked me later why I was so upset but I had no explanation for him, just thinking about it now (over a year later) chokes me up.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I do feel the defensive-ness on the one hand but I also appreciate the fervor in trying to curtail the negative projection.

This is personal, but here goes. The reason I will try to be patient with "abrasiveness" is because we're all learning and I too have to watch how I present something.

There are years (I'm pretty good with finesse up until one of these, then have to take a break) in this business, or I guess any for that matter, where something is so obvious I feel like just blurting the desperate obvious. Like, "This man in the photo is cheating. He won't leave his wife, you're leaving something that does have substanance and true love behind just because you're just a lttle uncertain of yourself during this time." I can tie up an hour session with just that sentence. But, 8 x's out of ten I won't.

Anyway, if alignment's point is, "Just saying there's no medical/scientific evidence you barf around someone you don't like or trust." O.K., so move on then, because the point has been stated and re-edified in black and white and obviously read by others. For discussion (which is why we're here)to me, you give and take with you a portion of what everyone is engaged with and if you care to partake further offer something that contributes either in trying to understand or provide something someone might not know.

Most of us with abilities, know full well that science is behind on the evidence they could collect. However, I'm positive there are researchers or universities out there that do collect evidence to this day and will continue to do so. That is a fact. When they get to the point of interpretating energy, sign me up because that is what a clairvoyant, psychic or genuine medium absolutely must do and usually spends an entire life-time understanding it. My guess is that is could probaby all boil down to chemistry and reactions to it while being directed (like a computer) by the brain.

(it's really pretty out here, it's snowing those great big flakes (poconos...) ADD moment.

So anyway, the question about how do we cope in malls or groccery stores, growing up? Those are actualy good questions.

Growing up, while everyone went to the malls and even in school during recess, I opted for a seat in the grass on my jacket or watching the butterflies in the overgrown grass. Groccery stores and malls? I don't go to malls unless my husband forces me to (he needs help buying a gift for someone) and groccery stores, we'll go after midnight to Walmart when virtually no one is there. College campusses were difficult, I always worked in a private office or very small business and when I had roomates, I was in my room a lot while they went to parties. I've only started writing about clairvoyance and speaking publically within the past 6 years and it's still difficult but I prepare a few hours ahead of time and just shine, shine, shine when it's time smile

Btw - in this forum, we have genuine people with gifts. You're not likely to find someone claiming to get you lotto numbers or profess the day and time of someones death or fame. It is very real here and most of us are and understand we will be dealing with for the rest of our lives, what most people won't care to. So, you pretty much going to find very real passion about their battle wounds to go along with their factual experiences. I'm impressed actually with all of the spirit here!!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.