Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#557248 10/18/09 04:29 PM
C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Where are all the atheists ???? This could be a very active topic.

Let's get it going.

I have let it be known in the last couple of years that I am a true Atheist. Everyone was sceptical in the past, but now I'm at an age that I really don't give a dam* what people think.

So, why not join me and 'come out of the closet'? ~ be proud of YOUR beliefs.
There are sooo many hypocritical religious bafoons in the general population that it sickens me.
What are you're experiences with folks finding out what your beliefs are?

cp

Last edited by cream pie; 10/18/09 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Maybe no one is in the closet.........surprised. You are an atheist ...fine...its a free country. (I'll pray for your soul) ^8^

C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
I believe there a lot of folks that are fearful of admitting that they are atheists. Then there are many who judge us atheists.....

It's wonderful to live in North America where we can believe in Santa, mother goose, easter bunny or even the bearded sky daddy. Or not. cool

V
V
Worry not. The Atheist/Agnostic forum will be up and active soon. Keep checking back!

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Admitting to Atheism is a noble deed. We have a culture that has many religions and can be very intolerant of anything else. I have used the Great Mother in the past for help but in finality I know that the most powerful source that the universe will ever know is what is found within each being. The ability to not think in the "box" so to speak, is very life giving. Those of us that possess a thinking mind can now realize that if a deity is so afraid of someone not believing in it, how powerful can it be??? Also if it has to cause fear and dread if we do not believe, what kind of a "man" created thing do we have here?? Also lets remember that it is humans only that need to be worshiped because of their own insecurities. When we indeed know who we are within, we become secure in our environment and want no one to hold us up on a platform as that is unneeded baggage. Believing in a deity is a way of life for many and can not be removed as it is of great benefit for them but likewise not believing in such is also a very acceptable and unbeknowns to many historians, a very ancient and comfortable way of living. How long are we going to hide from who we are just because of popular conditioning or persecution? Cream Pie, I believe as you do, who gives a damn what others think. Just be yourself !!!! It is the free thinkers that change the course of history for the better.

#558623 10/23/09 05:54 PM
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I assumed the lack of activity was just because there was no current need. I haven't been here in a while - but all I ever saw were bumper sticker posts... so I stopped making my way over.

I'm agnostic, but I'm busy in my life right now, and not currently in a situation where I am totally overwhelmed by the fundamentalists that live in my area. (Phew!) I've been cyberly hanging out with secular homeschoolers (even though I no longer homeschool) a lot, and specific interest focus friends, so even there, haven't been dealing much with religious issues.

However, over the summer, I wrote the first draft of a novel set in an alternate America, a theocratic version, and while I was researching it, man, I was not happy about some of the things I learned about. But that's another matter!

#558757 10/24/09 02:54 PM
C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
ancientflaxman - such a great sentence you posted "..in finality I know that the most powerful source that the universe will ever know is what is found within each being." A strong statement and so true.

Did you hear( a while ago) about the city buses in Toronto (and in a U.S. city, I believe) that posted atheist signage on the sides? My gawd, what a curfuffle from the religious faction ! Wow, what would happen if WE protested re: the religious propaganda that's 'thrown in our faces'? We'd probably be throw in jail never to be seen again.

cp

C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Ms A - can you give us some examples of "I was not happy about some of the things I learned"? I think this would be a good place to elaborate.

cp

Amoeba
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: cream pie

It's wonderful to live in North America where we can believe in Santa, mother goose, easter bunny or even the bearded sky daddy. Or not. cool

That's interesting, to a lot of us on the other side of the pond, a certain North American nation seems scarily religious in word, deed, and internal politics.

Difficult to see from the outside though I suppose smile

Marianne Gibson
Russian Culture
C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Marianne
"...a certain North American nation seems scarily religious in word, deed and internal politics."

Yes, very true indeed. The worst thing ever is the mix of politics and religion. I believe most (if not all) of the conflict in the world is caused by religion. wall

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.