Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#514716 04/22/09 09:12 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I've been using wordpress to build a few sites lately and I really love it. It is known as a blogging program, but I have to tell you, I'm building some really good sites. Do any of you use it to build your sites?

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I just started using it this year and I really like it. It took a while to get comfortable with it but it has a nice base to work with so many different themes and formats.

M o e #544065 08/22/09 04:26 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wordpress is a great open source code. You can set up your own blog in 1 minute (or less). Very easy to use and users do not have to know any technical details.

Yellow Venus #551396 09/27/09 07:37 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I too really enjoy using WordPress. queen

It can be a bit of a learning curve when trying to acquaint my design clients with how to use the blogs I set up for them. But once they get the hang of it, it works really nicely for them. Here's a sample:

CNIA Conference Blog: http://cnia.ca/2009/

Last edited by June - Editor: Tarot, Web; 09/27/09 07:39 PM.

June Kaminski, MSN PhD(c)
BellaOnline Web Design Editor
Visions of Adonai Design and Hygeia Design
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I have built HUNDREDS of websites using wordpress, it's great as a blogging software, yes, but it can also be used as a CMS. I find it so much cleaner, simpler and easier to work with than Drupal or Joomla (which was horrid). All my niche-market sites are built with wordpress, here are a few;

Homemade Birthdays
Cheap Decorating
Yakima Family Times

And my newest one, WAHM Guide is a multi-user wordpress site with built-in social networking, buddypress and BBForums. AWESOME combination

Last edited by Lisa_Budget_Decor; 02/20/10 01:17 AM.
Lisa H #585701 02/20/10 11:01 AM
J
Koala
Koala
J
I used to use just blogger.com and had a regular website but a friend kept urging me to switch over to Wordpress. I used a program called The Niche Blogger to help me build my blogs through WP and make them look like regular websites.

It's a subscription site but you can learn all you need to learn in about 3 months. Niche blogger also teaches you how to monetize your blogs and promote them. I think it really cut down my learning curve by about 90% because it takes you step by step in blogging form.

Once I learned to use the WP format, I really loved it. Plus it's much cheaper than my Homestead hosted website, where I have to pay monthly to keep it up.

joanj #585823 02/21/10 03:58 AM
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I liked Amy's niche blogger, too. I signed up for the free trial, but didn't continue because I"d been in the business for about 18 months at the time & couldn't justify the cost since, during her trial period, she didn't teach me anything "new." I do wish I'd found her when I started, she might have saved me some trouble.

Truthfully, the best (free) niche blogging lessons I've found online are from Grizz

Make Money Blogging Lesson 1

There are 5 lessons, enjoy!

Lisa H #625743 09/07/10 05:40 AM
W
W
I build websites for a living and have found my clients like wordpress the best as it's very easy for them to use. I've also used Joomla which is extremely hard to explain to clients how to create an article and link it to a menu item.

Last edited by wattzy; 09/07/10 05:42 AM.
wattzy #626163 09/07/10 09:34 PM
Tiger
Tiger
fishWhat about Weebly? Thanks!

S
S
Hi!
Weebly uses Wordpress software and themes with their own tweaks. Some customizing is available with the CSS codes. You can add a banner also. I am not sure if they are going to include any of the new themes Wordpress has recently offered. No ads and branding at the footer are included in free accounts and I think there are size limitations on your site. Paid Pro accounts get more perks.

They are a drag and drop system, which is somewhat confusing at first. You drag then drop what you want to use onto your page, say a text box, then you type in your text. You can have lots of boxes on your page of various types.

They do allow you to add key words and a page description also which they don't allow you to do at Wordpress.

Free accounts are limited to the number of blogs they can have, I think it is only two. You can try to get a few more free ones with different emails but I don't know if they have ISP blockers to prevent that to prevent spam.

They also offer domain purchases.

Many people love Weebly and are happy with the service.
You can go to their support page and find out lots of info in their FAQs.

"Never regret. If it is good, its wonderful. If it is bad, its experience." Victoria Holt, writer.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.