logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I've been doing digital scrapbooking for years. I use photoshop cs2 to do my layouts and also buy my digital papers and elements on online stores. I like it because it doesn't make a big mess. A good way to start digital scrapbooking is by using free scrapbooking kits you can find at shabbyprincess.com or other sites out there.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
I have been lurking around this site for a while but this is my first post. :) I started out as a paper scrapper many years ago. Then I "morphed" into a paper scrapper that used the computer to journal and make elements. Now I am a full blown dig-scrap addict! I actually have a harder time paper scrapping lately because I can't change the color of an element or resize it like I can on the computer. If you are thinking about getting started in digi-scrapping, I can recommend an easy software to use. It is ACDSee Photo Editor 2008. You can try if free for 30 days (full version) at acdsee.com. It is very similar to PSE but there is not a huge learning curve. My DD uses it to scrap and so do I. It has pre-loaded how-to tips right in there, but also has a lot of features that "grow" with you as your digital scrap skills grow. I also have a bunch of tips and tricks on my blog, and you can see some of the layouts I have done too. This was my most recent tutorial and LO [url=http://faerywings.wordpress.com/2009/05/26/anatomy-of-a-layout-with-photo-editor-2008/]Layout[/url] [url=http://faerywings.wordpress.com/]My Blog[/url]

Last edited by faerywings; 10/02/09 11:38 AM.
F
F
Hmm, not sure why they links didn't come out right, they worked fin in the preview!Sorry!

E
eye Offline
E
first off be careful which site you go to. I have a friend who went on one of those web bases digial scrapbooking sites and she got a virus. So I'm a little sceptical of them. I'm not a computer gurue but I am a creative memories consultant and the software we have is fabulous and it belongs to you and you alone. Not only can you print from your computer you can upload to our digital website and they'll print for you, all sizes. I'm still a traditional scrapbooker but sometimes digital is quicker and with the creative memories programs you can journal just about aywhere on the page with the upgraded versions. I've done several books including my sons wedding (I'm working on the traditional book now!) and they turn out beautiful and the quality is 100%!

W
W
Come join our friendly [url=http://www.scrapbookingnut.com/]digital scrap booking[/url] community with nonstop fun and freebies! for more info look at http://www.creativememories.com/MainMenu/Our-products-and-services/Digital-Scrapbooking

Last edited by Willison; 03/31/10 09:35 AM.
V
V
Ohhh, ohhhh, ohhhh...I'm a HUGE digital scrapbooking fan!!! I did traditional scrapping and also do hybrid and hybrid crafting since I love paper and won't ever give it up but I love the ease of digi. I use Photoshop CS3 and Inkscape (for illustrations) and ArtRage!!! I've also done some printed books for our family travels. They look amazing on our coffee table!!!

T
T
I am not sure if I am in the right place but here goes.....if I would like to start a business making scrapbooking kits to sell what software do you use and can you use the art in the software to make your pages, pay one of those clipart companies to use their clipart, draw your own art, scan images to make pages or what? I see people selling these online and wonder what they use and how they do it! It would be great if someone could give me some information! Thank you

I've been planning my wedding using digital scrapbooking. In addition to organizing wedding vendors and classifieds in a way that makes wedding planning much easier, the site Weddzilla has a tool called the �Weddmark� that is basically an internet bookmark married to (heh) a cut and paste tool. So, you can just drag photos and ideas off of the internet into your Weddzilla account - similar to the inspirational process my mother�s generation of brides would use where they cut clippings out of magazines and pasted them into a scrapbook. Brides check it out - making a profile on Weddzilla enters you to win a $1000 gift registry.

Last edited by Genetica; 07/20/10 01:49 PM.
V
V
I use CS3 (photoshop). No you cannot use the art in the software for selling commercially. You have to be very clear on the TOU (terms of use) from the clipart companies. most say no commercial use or limited commercial use. You can draw your own art, you can scan images but be careful what you are scanning since most items are under copyright protection. Check out copyright usage very carefully. know your rights on them. Plus you should also know at what resolution your clipart/art is set at for print purposes...hope that helps!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.