logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KelliTN Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Any Juliette Girl Scout moms on here? I have questions and the council is not returning my calls. First, how do we handle cookie sales? Can she use the money to fund her own service projects? Can she use it to go to camp? Do Juliette scouts from a given area ever have get-togethers? How does being a Juliette scout work for you and your daughter?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
KelliTN, Hi just want to welcome you to the forum, We hope that you will enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
G
G
Unfortunately, you are going to have to get answers from your council because things are not going to work the same from council to council. I am fairly certain that cookie sales won't be an option with no troop account to receive the money.

S
S
Many councils have not addressed this issue. My advice is to talk with your service unit leader. You could arrange to collect and hold Juliette earnings in the service unit account. Or you could team up with an existing troop to sell cookies like my Juliette daughter did. She isn't part of the troop but we know the leader well. We coordinated deposits and picked up cookies from their cookie parent. That seemed to be the easiest.

M
M
My daughter was a Juliette this past year and was able to sell cookies. Our Council just gave her the "Troop Money" in the form of cookie dough to be used for any council activity or camp. It really went very smoothly. Things have gone well with my daughter as a Juliette. She has a slightly older friend who is still part of a troop, so she was able to do a couple of activities with them as well. It was nice for her to be able to attend the council sponsored events with someone she knew. Good Luck!

P
P
Our Service Unit has one bank account set up just for the Juliettes that are in our community - I think there are about 8 girls that are Juliettes - one person oversees this bank account, and keeps track of what money belongs to what Juliette.

C
C
The Juliettes in our community participate in our events (Thinking Day, pinewood derby, etc) as well as sell cookies. They received their cookie money on a gift card which can be used for council events and items from the shop.

C
C
I'm a service unit cookie manager, and our council does the juliettes of each SU as a pseudo troop. I am responsible for acting as "troop cookie manage" for my juliettes. The main difference is that when I turn in money for them, I turn in the entire cookie price, and then at the end of the sale council totes up their "troop" profit and writes them "juliette bucks" that they can use for camp, SU events or at the shop. I have an older girl who acts as aid for my troops (she is an older sister.) I also have some older sisters who have registered to come along for specific events that you have to be registered to do. Rather than registering them as in the troop, I register them as juliettes, so that anyone who wants to sell cookies can get those juliette bucks for their own girl scout activities, or they can participate to whatever extent they want.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.