Next Thread
Print Thread
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Has anyone used these ebay drop off stores to sell their things? I have a whole storage shed or two of things to sell but not sure if it's worth driving down to Phoenix from Flagstaff (2 hr drive) to do this. I would get 60% profit, which is nice...but they say you need things worth over $40 to sell. I have no idea about the worth of my things, so I'd have to load up my car and ask them about everything.

Here is the store i am thinking of using .

Anyone use this store or have experiences with other stores? Any advice? I am frustrated by all the different options to sell my things and just want to make a decent choice that doesn't involve much frustration.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I still have not bestirred myself to make a trip to Phoenix to do this. I have not even called them yet to ask them about whether they think some of my items are worth at least their $40 minimum, or if it would count to sell them as lots.

This is what depression does - it keeps me from following up on my good ideas. I need a wife. :-D

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - I would have to guess there is someone close to do this. How about you put out a call on CraigsList and other networks and see who in your area checks out?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I did think of that but then it requires me to actually interact with someone. I am having trouble with the mere thought of that.

The closest ebay dropoff store to me in AZ is in PHX. I did find people offering to do errands and such on craigslist here in Flag, but they say to tell them what I would pay for that. I have no idea what to pay, what to offer. No way to even know if they are even honest people that won't take my stuff and disappear.

Anyway, with my family coming out to help me, I am hopeful that everything will get sorted with my AZ storage. And I have been bringing bins of stuff to Bookmans here and there.

Maybe by the time i get around to sorting my CA storage I will feel up to following through with my good ideas a little more.

Curious what people would think is fair to pay someone to bring my stuff down a 90-100 mile drive each way to an ebay store?

Last edited by Jilly; 10/04/09 12:32 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
On the web it looks like people pay $10/hr plus gas for drivers. So you'd figure out how long it would take round trip.

Then the next step would be finding someone you trusted to take your belongings. Maybe you could ask the people who run the campground? They would know the locals and would only recommend someone they trusted, since it would affect their own reputation too ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hello: I received an email from Lisa and have found that there is a "Soldit" e-bay store less than 10 miles from my home (8.52 miles according to mapquest.). I am willing to help you as much as I can.

I work Monday to Friday, full-time, 5:30 AM - 2:15 PM.
I bowl Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings (5PM - 8 PM).
I sometimes Coach the other days, but, those are by appointment.
My friends consider me honest and trustworthy.

What do you want, exactly, for someone to do? I am modeling my life around a formula where I do for others 10% of the time so this would be under that umbrella.

Clyde "Choc" Higa, Editor
http://bowling.bellaonline.com
USBC Bronze Certified Coach
International Bowling Media Association
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, Bowling Editor, that is really very kind of you. I so appreciate your contacting me and I do need the help. My parents are coming out tonight and will be here a few days...let me see what they think would be a good use of your assistance. This gives me some real hope, and I thank you. smile

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Not a problem. Just send me an email when you are ready.

Clyde "Choc" Higa, Editor
http://bowling.bellaonline.com
USBC Bronze Certified Coach
International Bowling Media Association
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Likewise... I am in Scottsdale and I know we have some ebay sellers close by - this one appears to be in Surprise(?). But, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.