Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
I think I shall have to take them to the vet. They continue to not use it for urine, but they do use it for #2. I have the two different kinds of litter, and one hasn't been touched at all. We have 3 cats and 3 litterboxes, which I thought was plenty. One of them wet on a placemat yesterday on the table. The day before it was on the bare countertop and a corner of the room where the two litter boxes are smelled also. I thought maybe I'd try locking one of them in a linoleum bathroom all day with a litter box to reduce the chances of them damaging any more carpet. And see if that one uses it then. I don't know, it is so awful!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
borageflower #548113 09/12/09 04:02 AM
Elephant
Elephant
My cats started doing this and we were told by the vet to use warm white vinegar/water in a sprayer/mister and saturate the area. Then we were to pat up the excess. Then let it dry. After it dried we were told to use baking soda and dust the area and work it into the fibers of carpet if you had any. After it sat for 2-3 hours we were to vacuum it up and then carpet clean or use a citrus oil based floor wash.

This has solved our problems. We also make sure the cats get treats, plenty of window time and their boxes are cleaned frequently and soaked in a vinegar water soak once a month overnight. We alternate the nights we do this so there is always plenty of boxes available. We also switched to pine litter and got away from the clay based.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #548177 09/12/09 08:27 PM
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
male cats can develop infections and/or crystals in the urinary tract and they will pee in places other than the box - partly due to being blocked and the urine leaks out and partly just basically letting you that there's an issue.

if not treated, a blockage can kill. i almost lost my rusty just this past spring due to a severe infection/blockage.

keeping the boxes clean is important. especially if you have male cats - their urethra is much narrower than a female's so, they are naturally more prone to developing issues.

to remove urine/feces odors, wipe up excess and treat the area with 'nature's miracle' that stuff is fabulous at removing these kinds of odors. if you've already treated the area with some other type of cleaner, it may take multiple treatments of the nm to remove the odor...

cats have really sensitive sniffers and, even if YOU can't smell the urine, THEY can, so, cleaining with anything other than an enzyme-based product will not remove the temptation to repeatedly go in the same spot.

joclyn #548518 09/14/09 05:49 PM
B
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Great ideas! thanks jase and joclyn. All the three are females, but still, I've got to get all the smell out and you guys have really good advice. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.