Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Teo Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi and thanks for this heavensent opportunity to share,

I dream to make as much music education available as possible!

I used to want to write a book "Pipe Dreams" about my experiences playing in bands, they were Salsa, Reggae, Soca=Soul Calypso, African, Funk, Fusion and such. I have so many stories, usually about crooked or just foolish people, mistreating musicians... waaahh!! I realized though, even with names changed, people will know who I am referring to and I'd get in trouble!

Turning that frown upside down, the other side of that same coin is: there is so much less budget for music programs in schools, and there are many unemployed musicians... hmmm....

There must be a way to integrate these two! I'm working to make some existing music of mine into "Music Culture Studies" here are the existing 'lessons:'
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Minds your wants because somebody wants your mind -Clinton
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Teo
Learning about the masters I have learned that popularity and true longevity (of the music, well the players too) are almost polar opposites. Swan Lake was a flop at first! Now, the standard for beautiful ballet. Many hated creations, later are the most honored. So, pop... is... like pop corn (ha ha!!), anyway, art that is truly valuable, and lasts, is different than what "mass culture" likes. And not burning out, is a great lesson, for all of us, actually.

That seems to be true of all areas of art. I once heard the tasteless joke that in order to sell a painting, you had to die first. We never know how good something is until it's gone? Although I am glad to see many living composers getting their kudos today. Being able to record music and have it out almost instantly is a big difference from only being able to perform in the concert hall and hope your name gets noticed!

Teo - you have a HUGE repertoire of music! You will make a wonderful teacher with all of your experiences, but most importantly your love of music.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Teo Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Teo - you have a HUGE repertoire of music! You will make a wonderful teacher with all of your experiences, but most importantly your love of music. [/quote]
That's really nice of you Michelle! I wish I was getting my notifications, I would have gotten your nice reply so much sooner.. but well? The Universe has its own agenda... and now that I can reply today.. I have something to share since you were so kind!

2.6 mb MS-Word File: Honoring Those That Came Before

My current book of scores, mostly piano, some with voice or other thinks.. he he.. wink but all with a lot of love! Especially the AFFIRMATINAS!

May it be helpful and useful for me to share my songs and music lessons here. May they be received with the same energy that they are shared with. And so it is. Amen.

Love and *LIGHT* *BEING*, Teo Do (Re, Mi, Fa, Soul.... ) wink wink

Minds your wants because somebody wants your mind -Clinton
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
That's actually very true about a lot of works - think of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring for example. A marvellous ballet but Nijinsky and Stravinsky's opposers organised a riot during the first performance!

Fortunately there's a wonderful DVD reconstruction of the original costumes and choreography but Stravinsky was deeply upset by this reception.

I was lucky enough to see Schubert's piano at Schubert's Haus in Vienna a few years ago. Very odd sensation walking into its courtyard, I'd only seen photos but I felt I'd been there before.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.