Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#544259 08/24/09 09:25 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Ok - this is an open topic thread.

Let me explain, no there is too much, let me sum up (sorry, my daughter has discovered "The Princess Bride" - the movie and the book. This quote has been floating around our house for the past month, LOL!)

I have recently gotten back in touch with an old friend from high school and we have become, what I guess you would call, email penpals. We "talk" almost every day, and our conversation fluctuates anywhere from past experiences to catching up on our families to discussing current movies. It is like a really long conversation over dinner and has been a lot of fun.

It has also been quite revealing. By talking about "nothing" we reveal much of ourselves. Things slip out - little turns of phrases that show how we really feel about things. It is like little windows into our souls.

I thought it would be a great opoortunity to do that here.

Let's just talk. Not about anything specific, just share our days, what we like, who we are - and if the conversation goes "off-topic", GREAT!!!! We just go with the flow and see where our conversation leads us. We'll make friends along the way and get to know each other better.

I'm looking forward to really getting to know everyone here! lovers

Last edited by Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd; 08/24/09 09:26 AM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I attempted to sell my children on FaceBook last night. I even offered to throw in their furniture, clothing, food for a month and 3 rolls of duct tape. Luckily (or not) I had no takers. Although I did have plenty of people that wanted the duct tape. Maybe I would have done better on E-bay.

It was just one of those days. I finally informed the children that if any of them asked me one more question,
I would use the aforementioned duct tape on their mouths and adhere them to a chair where they could no longer fight with each other.

If there are any DFCS workers on this forum - I live in Georgia - please come rescue me.

In all seriousness, here I am the Spirituality editor and I am feeling anything but "spiritual" lately. And if any of you heasrd me yelling my head off - you would doubt my spirituality, too - much less want to take aadvice from me!

Do any of you guys go through this?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
L
Shark
Shark
L
An empty nest is a lovely thing...but I remember! But take it easy, this too shall pass, and you love your kids and they know it. If they weren't sure, they wouldn't feel safe pushing your buttons and testing the boundaries of your patience!
Hope today is a little easier for you...

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Yesterday one of my two-year old twins threw poop at me. I wasn't feeling very spiritual at that moment. Repulsed, yes! But then early in the wee hours this morning I came across your and Shay's wonderful conversstion about Light and Dark workers and had the feeling of spirituality being right there...waiting. It's there when we have those pockets of time to see/feel it.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Michelle, this is a great idea. Thank you for opening this "topic" up and inviting us all to your place for conversation. I have done a similar thread in my forum, "The Campfire Circle" and it brings in a lot of people who love to share all kinds if thoughts, prayers, poems and just chat.

In going thru the posts in the Lightworker thread, and in other threads in this forum, I find that I am ever growing spiritually and in other ways, every day. It is wonderful to share with others, know their thoughts, write down mine and explore other possibilities. This helps me to understand others, their belief systems, their faith, their truths, and reinforces my own truths and belief system. I have become much more open-minded since reading and sharing in these type of threads.

In another thread in your forum, I entered a poem/story called "Stone". I hope you do not mind if I share it here:

STONE

TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKING
THROUGH THE DESERT ..
DURING SOME POINT OF THE
JOURNEY, THEY HAD AN
ARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIEND
SLAPPED THE OTHER ONE
IN THE FACE

THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED
WAS HURT, BUT WITHOUT
SAYING ANYTHING,
WROTE IN THE SAND,
"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE . "

THEY KEPT ON WALKING,
UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,
WHERE THEY DECIDED
TO TAKE A BATH

THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN
SLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THE
MIRE AND STARTED DROWNING,
BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.

AFTER HE RECOVERED FROM
THE NEAR DROWNING,
HE WROTE ON A STONE:
'TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SAVED MY LIFE'

THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED
AND SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND
ASKED HIM, 'AFTER I HURT YOU,
YOU WROTE IN THE SAND AND NOW,
YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?'

THE FRIEND REPLIED
'WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US
WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN
IN SAND, WHERE WINDS OF
FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY. ;

BUT, WHEN SOMEONE DOES
SOMETHING GOOD FOR US,
WE MUST ENGRAVE IT IN STONE
WHERE NO WIND
CAN EVER ERASE IT'

LEARN TO WRITE
YOUR HURTS IN
THE SAND AND TO
CARVE YOUR
BENEFITS IN STONE.

I love friends, I appreciate all kinds of people, for I learn from them.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
That is beautiful and wise Phyllis.

Forgiveness is one of those things that is so hard for many of us to do.

I just got through with my 20 yr high school reunion, and i thought going to it that I was so excited to see everyone until a certain group of guys showed up. They had not changed since HS. They came to the party already drunk, obnoxious, and with their "we are the reason for this party" attitude that they had always had. And everyone else thought they were great!

Me? I had been picked on by them in HS. I got voted "most likely bachelorette" because they spear-headed a cmapaign to that effect. I didn't realize how much that still hurt until I saw them and realized I had never forgiven them, and honestly still don't. I'm having to work hard on this one.

It is even harder because they don't care if I forgive them. It is something just for my own spirit.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
We can find peace within ourselves by forgiving others, whether it matters to them or not. They are not important to you, Michelle, those "party animals", so let it go and you will find your peace. They should no longer affect your feelings or your life. It only hurts if we allow people like that to hurt us. Rise above it.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Thanks Phyllis,I know all this in my head it is just getting my heart to go along. But I am working on it! wink

But, speaking of my reunion - there is something that is driving me crazy (in kind of a good way - kinda, sorta)

Reunions are much easier now with forums, FaceBook, Classmates, MySpace, etc. And it is easier to stay in touch after, too.

So i have still been chatting with some friends.

I have had 2 guys ask me "if i had asked you out in high school, would you have said yes?" And I'm sitting here thinking - "Why the heck didn't you aks me this in high school?!?!?!?"

Now it is too late and none of us will ever know.

People, we have to grab opportunities when they are available. I just reviewed "17 Again" for SFF Movies and we don't get to go back and get a do-over in real life.

{sigh}

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
"What if's" are such a tormenting mental task at times. Sometimes I think back to high school and wonder what would have happened if I had not snubbed Frank...he was so handsome, Italian and a bit overly sure of himself, but, bashful when it came to girls. I was the first girl he asked to dance when he was a new student and came to the "sock hop". All my group of girl's were watching him and wondering if he would ask anyone to dance. He came all the way across the gym, edged his way into our group and asked ME! I danced with him several times that night and fell in love. The following week, he was too bashful to approach me at first and when he did, I snubbed him...WHY!!!? Why for heavens sake did I do that? Maybe I was too shy myself and did not know what to do... I will never know......

Phyllis Doyle Burns
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Hey Michelle,

I'm enjoying your posts! As you can see, I am new here and just feeling my way around the forums. I expect to have some great discussions with all of you.

Your comments about not feeling very spiritual are understandable. I think that most of us have the expectation that we need to 'act' or 'feel' a particular way in order to be in tune with our higher self.

However, I think that there comes a time of acceptance when we embrace all the aspects of life as we know them. The mundane, frustrating, ecstatic, fearful, painful responses we have to events and situations are all variations on a theme.

As creatures of habit, we tend to be less than focused on intention and awareness. I do think that we are only assuming that those really screwy moments when life seems totally out of control have nothing to do with spirituality.

They are an extension of our consciousness and our own personal reality.

I don't wait for those spiritual highs anymore. I used to get really hooked on those experiences. Now, they're in their proper place.

Make sense
(sort of)? wall

Cheryl Lynne Likins, M.A.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.