Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Nope you are not alone! As for the pressure, sorry but good luck.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
I am able to go away for a month to become certifed as a Raw Vegan Chef.

Am able to attend college full-time and study anthropology, study abroad in Ghana for a year and obtain a double Master degrees in Library Science and Museum Studies.

Live in a foreign country, at least part time. Have not figured out which country yet.

I can do my spiritual practices for a couple of hours a day thereby freeing myself from so much earthly angst and actually becoming happy, whole and free in this lifetime.

I got layed off in November and have not had to return to work. I have worked since I was 17 and to actually afford to be able to be away from work for five months is indeed a dream come true. If I had a child I would have had to rush back to work.

R
R
The ability to live a fairly comfortable lifestyle although I will never make a large salary in my field.

Planning to take a 5 month trip around the world after I have spent sufficient time saving money at current job.

Occassionally lounging away the entire weekend if I want--sleeping, reading, doing home spa treatments!!!

Truly enjoying children when I spend time with them because I am CHOOSING to rather than OBLIGATED to!

R
R
I think your last comment about not having to "rush back to work" is key. I have had my hours reduced at work and although it's stressful I know I will be able to adjust to it. I can't imagine the strain families go through when something like this happens.

C
Shark
Shark
C
Not having kids has allowed us to buy a vacation home ( being built as we speak)in Arizona and plan to spend as much time down there as we want.

BTW ~ retired recently. If we had chose to have kids this would not be happening, ya know.

AWESOME...........

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Originally Posted By: Runnergirl1980
I think your last comment about not having to "rush back to work" is key. I have had my hours reduced at work and although it's stressful I know I will be able to adjust to it. I can't imagine the strain families go through when something like this happens.

Alot of families are under a large amount of strain in this economic crisis. I talk to friends and everyone is afraid. They can't understand how I can be so upbeat that I'm unemployed and losing my condo. I hated the job and the mortgage was killing me, so now I can live the life I truly want to and being childfree makes it all possible.

P
P
Jellyfish, your accounts give me chills...the GOOD kind. I feel like I'm in a movie sequence where you are running from the monster and you drop into a black hole that turns out to be, well, paradise!

P
P
Btw, i was with a good friend this weekend. Her daughter is probably the best thing that ever happened to her. However, I have to admit that she was talking about her plans after she finishes school and I thought to myself, oh my gosh, she has to take the kid with her!! I laugh because externally I've really got the maternal thing on lock...I'm most likely to babysit/entertain any kid under the age of 18 at a family event. But I also have dreams every other year or so about unintentionally abandoning some adolescent relative in bath water. I should keep these things to myself! (Don't worry folks.. I really am OK.. dreams are just really really funny and if you listen, they will teach you something)

M
Shark
Shark
M
travel, working part time in a field i love, sleeping in, private yoga lessons, reading, meditation, cooking with my husband, coming home to a quiet, peaceful environment, being able to participate in silent worship...silently. (I'm a aquaker and members who are parents often have to leave the meeting because their kids are too noisy..lol, massages monthly, not being a slave to a child's schedule, NOT driving a minivan...haha.

Last edited by misstalia; 10/10/09 04:32 PM.
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
I like the flexibility in my life. If I want to go see a movie, I can. If I prefer just to sit and read, I can do that too. I can go out with friends at a moment's notice. At work I can easily fill in or go to another location without having to rearrange family schedules - makes me a bit of an asset!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.