logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Have you read about this? How insane is this girl, suing her college for $70,000 because she can't find a job? If you haven't read the article, here is a link: www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/College-Grad-Cant-Find-Job-Wants--Back-52304162.html As someone who has been unemployed for 2 months and is actively seeking a new job. I'm shocked that this girl expects things in life to be handed to her. It's an incredibly sad day when people start lawsuits like this one! my unemployment blog: www.activeleisure.wordpress.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Many people can't find a job these days and unfortunately we are living in a time where race-backed issues cry pooring into the court rooms, regardless of how rediculous the complaint. So, you have monkey see, monkey do. It's a temporary fix if that and she most likely will lose. She'd have to have a contract stating they are indebted to her to find her a job. Sounds like a complainer to me. I wouldn't hire her based on that alone.

Eventually, the lazys will be weeded out and only the people who understand hard quality work will survive. Days of free-money or anything else are slowly coming to an end! We will begin noticing this by early next year.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 08/21/09 12:10 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Interestingly enough a friend of mine was applying to one of those little known colleges. I apologize that I can't remember the name. But one of the promises that the academic advisor made was that they would also get her a job based on whatever it was she was going to study in school. I thought that was a very interesting promise to make considering the current economic crisis.
I think that the economy is having a definite effect on colleges because of the inability for people to afford to be able to go. The smaller colleges are probably feeling the pinch even more.
So while yes, I agree that people want to sue over just about anything, regardless of race, I think that it probably will get out of hand as people try to find a way to make a buck and/or survive.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I remember that moron. Do anyone remember if she ended up winning or not? The worst in cases like that is that many people agree with them and also sometimes judges go their way too!

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
This story is nearly nine years old, but I suspect the problem is still current.

College degree doesn't equal employment. BUT if it's a selling point that the degree and the college's assistance to get employment are part of what you're paying for, it becomes more iffy, doesn't it? Alas, the idea of the advice and assistance is somewhat nebulous here, so I wonder how it worked out. How successful are their graduates in getting suitable employment? In other words, does their assistance seem, in general, to make a measurable difference in a graduate's chances - or is it just away of getting money out of them?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.