logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#543104 08/17/09 09:26 AM
T
OP Offline
T
For many years our intimacy has gone down hill, and I am lucky if my husband and I make love 3 to 4 times a year. About 2 years ago, I suspected something was really wrong with our marriage. I started snooping on our computer and found he had joined an online thing to meet people and wrote "Just seeing what's out there" Then I found out he added an ex girlfriend to his facebook. She wrote to him, telling him that she didn't live far from us and how she still ears the ring he gave her 20 years ago and how she has never taken it off. Last week the unthinkable happened...out of the blue a young girl contacts my husband and asks him if he is her father! He says that he is not her father but that he admits to dating her mother. He says she was 6 months old when he starting dating her mother.I find it hard to believe him at this point. When the computer thing happened he told me it wasn't him, that someone was setting him up! But they used his teenage nickname and SIN number as the password! He must think I am pretty stupid. I can't talk to him anymore about things that are bothering me because usually he gets mad and walks out..when he comes back he still won't talk to me about it. we have been married now for 16 years, I love him with all my heart but there is resentment, lack of faith and trust stemmed from situations and I don't know how to get past it. I think on my part, I have always been quiet and haven't said much in fear of rejection but as I am getting older I'm not sure how much more I can take. getting help from a therapist is out because he won't go. He says they cause more problems! I feel like there is something wrong with me, like he's not attracted to me or something. I blame myself for my sexless marriage! I also blame myself for not saying much all these years when things bothered me..but honestly everytime I tried the door would be slammed in my face! I'm scared..and I feel alone!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Tamara, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Maybe just seeing a therapist would help with your issues. I am seeing one now and it really makes me feel better. Not for marriage issues but for the loss of a son recently and I have lots of problems with depression. She is very nice and always has suggestions that have helped. You need to decide what is best for you. If you can't move past these feelings I fear you will just get worse. I always tell my kids that life is too short to be miserable. It is true! If you need to talk to someone you can pm me or chat here. Welcome to Bella

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
conniem #543357 08/18/09 03:29 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
You are in a terrible situation. I am sorry to hear that. I don't know more than what you describe here, but I am confident the sexless marriage is not your fault. You have tried to make the marriage work. Your husband does not try. You should perhaps talk to your friends in honest manner and see what you can do about this situation.

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Sounds like there are more underlying issues here than your husband will admit to. My suggestion is to get into therapy on your own if he doesn't want to attend.

Sa'Diyya
Editor of Bella Online Islam Site
Editor of Bella Online Marriage Site
The Us Factor Learn the skills you need to keep
your love alive. Risk-Free Trial.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.