Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Twitter memes are very popular and #FollowFriday is one of the most well-known and lasting ones.

Do you do Follow Friday? What makes you pick the ones you feel people should follow?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I very rarely use the twitter meme FollowFriday as my freelance online writing site is mainly for newbie internet writers to follow me and learn how I write for the internet, but I sometimes do. For example I suggested people follow my student daughter's FM Radio Show....and the nice thing was...they did! She had a student ask her how to get started in radio.

I don't know if anyone has suggested my Learn To Earn From Online Writing site though!

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I've found that my twitter account AfricanProverbs gets a ton of FFs every Friday. I'm flattered & honored that people follow and enjoy following that particular Twitter account.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I try to make categories of people to include in a #FF tweet - women writers, people with integrity, awesome coaches, interesting travelers, people who know cooking, and so on. I also like to use the #FF as a way to thank people who have been supportive of me by retweeting, responding to my posts, or by just being informative/funny/on topic.

As Jeanne said. It as always a huge compliment to get mentioned!!!

We like mutual cuddles on twitter!

F
F
I used to, when it was new. Now everyone just lists a bunch of names and its like Valentines Day in elementary school -- you give one to everyone because you have to. If you want to find interesting people to follow, Follow Friday isn't the best way to do it. I'd rather use something like Mr Tweet.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It's all in what you use it for, as in most things. I do it to give a pat on the back to people I enjoy.

What reasons do other people have when they use #FF?

B
Koala
Koala
B
I dont do #FF, they seem to start early Thurs nite and I have to scroll long to find conversations that I am in. I also see now something like this starting on Tuesdays. I get confused when people RT the FF and I also get them from people who are not following me.

On a side note I found I was #11 in twitter elite for Los Angeles on twitter grader the other day, probably already off the top 50 by now as that changes often. I got to show my son who knows about the site and sees it on tv being mentioned and even on websites he likes.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bonnie, just check your own @ timeline. Never scroll to find where you are mentioned. LOL, that would be annoying to have to do! You @[name] link will show you everyone who ever tweeted you or mentioned you.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Also, big congrats at being in the top 11 and 50 in LA! That is a nice achievement. Be proud of being acknowledged!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I do use #FollowFriday, to give a shout out to writers and/or articles and posts that I enjoyed the previous week, and to return favors for those that RT'd any of my own tweets or articles during the week. I also do a regular scan of the FFs by people I follow that I most resonate with, and follow their recommendations. It is one of the most useful ways to find like-minded individuals I think, although I also have been dabbling with Mr. Tweet....

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.