Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Originally Posted By: DrJane
I believe in keeping a positive sense of self, either in job interviewing or networking. Unemployment and difficulty in finding a new job could beat us down quite a bit. But keeping a positive sense of self will convey confidence, which is what employers want.

Dr. Jane, I totally agree. Employers can "sense" the negative attitude.

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 07/13/09 09:24 PM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Originally Posted By: Eleise - Clairvoyance
You also want to keep an eye out for predators looking to cash in on desperation.

You can be plenty more confident with $75.00 + extra in the bank. Try to look especially well into word of mouth before you pay anything for any extra service. Timing is free of charge!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Great advice! I had a friend recently who almost got roped into one of those email scams to make money from home by receiving a money order from this company's "customer". The "customer" would send a money order made out to my friend. My friend was supposed to take the money orders to their bank, cash it, keep $150 and then send the rest to this "overseas company".
My unemployed friend thought it was an easy way to make $150.00 and could not wrap their arms around the concept that it would be a scam. She kept insisting that it must be ok because it was a money order. I finally got her to at least take it to the bank and talk to a teller, who told her exactly what I did, it was a scam and she would have been out over $3000.00 which would have been horrible since she only had about $50 in the bank. Unemployed and desperate to make money working from home any way possible.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
D
Her are some words of encouragement during these difficult times: Success is connected with continuous action. It's largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. You're not finished when you're defeated, you're only finished when you quit. The most important quality essential to success is perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature. You can have a fresh start any time you choose, for "failure" is not in the falling down, but in the staying down. It's not over until it's over. If you've got the courage to stick it out, you'll attain your goal. Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is. Make it a great day!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thank you Goodnessofgrace

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
A
Have you tried Yaaze.com? It's been very useful in helping me look for work, even if it's temp work, and it's a lot quicker to get hired than other employment sites. Maybe you can check it out, since it's fairly new? www.yaaze.com

P
P
Looking for a job during these times is challenging to say the least. Make sure you have a plan set up and you are following it. Keep working hard at finding a good job and you will. It's a numbers game like anything else. Good luck!

S
S
Hi There- I know it is tough out there and just wanted to suggest while you are looking to check out direct selling in particular Parylite. Check out on the web at www.partylite.com/RobinTracey. I left corporate 13 years ago and started this business and never looked back. Partylite has been in business for 36 years and is on the NYSE...Great company to work with. You can look for a postion in your field while you make some income and do it on your schedule. Check it out!

I totally agree with this! Networking is the best! In this world these days, it's word of mouth and who you know gets you where you need to be. You can't just apply to any jobs anymore. You must make a name for yourself.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Dear Silent_Cry03. You're correct. Most jobs now are gotten by who you know. Walking into a company and applying is a thing of the past. It's about networking!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
S
S
Thanks for the shot of energy, Eleise! After being laid off twice in two months, I was feeling depressed after applying all over the place and getting no results. You're right -- sometimes you need to take a creativity break. So I'll spend part of today doing something outdoors to lift my spirits and unblock my brain. I'd appreciate input from anyone on two challenges: one emotional, one practical. 1) My first layoff occurred after three years of promotions, raises, work and colleagues I enjoyed. The company closed my workplace. After collecting unemployment for a couple of weeks, an old friend hired me to write for a good consumer education website. Five weeks of productivity and prosperity, then the website was shut down. Both times the economy was the culprit. Still I feel like a loser. I know I'm not alone in this. What do you all do to beat the out of work blues? 2) I'm very good at what I do -- writing and editing -- but horrible at self-promotion. How can I make social media work for me in my job hunt? Thanks and blessings to all.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.