Next Thread
Print Thread
#533353 06/30/09 10:45 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ken's Ranch Dressing has only 2g of carbs per serving, and 140 calories. Made of vegetable oil and buttermilk, it's a relatively natural, healthy dressing which adds flavor to your salads.

Ken's Ranch Dressing - my review

What type of dressing do you normally have on your salads? I used to dislike ranch but now it's my favorite!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just finished off my latest bottle of this stuff. I stuck my finger in the bottle to get the last bits out - it is really tasty! I don't often eat ranch "alone" smile

Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
I usually keep a simple vinaigrette in the fridge - olive oil, vinegar, a little dijon mustard and sometimes a few spices.

Martha McKinnon
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm a real fan of oil-and-vinegar too. In fact I used to hate ranch dressing. It's funny how taste buds change over the years!

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Good article Lisa and you're right, if we eat salads every day, we need to mix it up a bit for sure. Actually our metabolism gets a boost from the change up as well. I love vinaigrette too and there are many ways to change one up with flavored olive oils, spices and herbs but sometimes the creaminess of a dressing is really welcomed.

I like ranch too and I like the Hidden Valley with buttermilk the best. It has 2 grams of carbs, 140 calories, 0 trans fats and a whopping 1 gram of protein...wooohooo! The packet mixed with fresh buttermilk is pretty awesome too! I also love homemade blue cheese dressing, I'm not sure what the breakdown is but I go with the "made with love" factor on that one! smile

Ken's and Kraft seemed to be the big Ranch dressings when I lived in Nebraska and unless you were in a city, salad was pretty much iceberg lettuce, crackers and dressing, maybe cukes and tomatoes....we have sooo many choices! smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's so odd, so you're saying there were better salads in the cities, and less great salads in the country where people were actually growing the salad items?

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Yes....when we moved there, I thought I would be in "produce heaven" Coming from New England, there's always great farmers markets and all of those wonderful veggies and organics are easy to find and close as well, even in smaller towns. But I thought moving to "farm country" and a town of less than 400 people would have it all.

The local grocers, who were great by the way, carried iceberg and a pre-packaged cut up romaine.......it's corn and soy bean country. My dad grew up there, it's great but a salad in a small town is what I described and has been for a long time. People like it though, there may not be all of the choices that we love but they really dig it, a simple iceberg with dressing and crushed crackers.

Salad bars in the smaller towns are usually the same but pickled herring is the huge add on that people will talk about. I'm personally not a fan but many people I know are and my grandma was as well smile

Gecko
Gecko
P.S. So yes, if you were in the city (a large city) you could find all sorts of cool salads.

Gecko
Gecko
Haahaaa....p.s. again....Nebraska is a BIG state. I lived in northeast Nebraska and it was three and a half hours south to Omaha where we would fly out of. Some great restaurants there by the way and the Old Market is a very cool place to visit.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is really amazing, that a rural area would not have a wide variety of delicious salad items. I would have thought rural areas would have many options and cities would only have what was shipped in.

Iceberg is pretty notorious for being low in nutrients, so it's odd that they don't have other foods as well!

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.