logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hi, I'm new here and wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the same thing that I am going through. I started bleeding at 9 1/2 weeks and was sent in to have a scan. They could see a very small embryo and a sack, but no heartbeat. They said things didn't look good and I carried on bleeding with lots of clots so I thought that was the miscarraige happening. This week (at 11 weeks) I was taken into hospital overnight as the bleeding was very bad and I didn't feel well. The Dr & I thought it was all over as an internal exam showed my cervix was closed. However, a scan in the morning revealed that the embryo and sack was still there (despite losing all those clots, so no idea what they were) but again there was no heartbeat seen and the embryo is too small for my dates. Now they want me to wait another week as the first scanner hadn't written down the measurements. The embryo is measuring 6 weeks and has no heartbeat, and I'm still bleeding very heavily and have been now for 13 days in total. The doctor kept saying I would probably lose the 'products of conception' soon, but I just want this to be over as each time I see the embryo on the scan screen I get false hope. I am just wondering why it has not come away yet and if anyone else had experienced this? Here in the UK they are very reluctant to do a d&c unless they really have to, so will not do anything until the third scan. Carnie aka ladyrattlesUK

Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
O
Hi Carnie, I'm new here too. :) I had a similar experience in January. I started bleeding during the 9th week, went in for an ultrasound and they saw the embryo but no heartbeat. They called it a "missed abortion". However, they gave me a choice to wait it out, take a perscription (misoprostol) or have a d&c. I talked it over with my midwife, and she said sometimes waiting it out can be painful and drawn out. I was comforted because she shared with me that she had gone through it herself multiple times. So I took her advice and took the misoprostol which excellerated the process and it was over in a few (quite painful) hours. I am surprised they are making you wait so long, it was my understanding that it was kind of risky to have left over tissue in the uterus. I would have thought they would do a d&c once they saw your cervix was closed but with the embryo still there. Maybe you should insist on it at this point so you can be done with it. I would think that would be the best way to proceed. I don't know if that's helpful, but I hope it's over for you soon. take care, Julie (in the US)

J
J
I currently had a miscaraige about 1 week ago, when i went for my first scan they told me i was 6 1/2 week's.. but i started growing early so my mum suggested i was alot further along. when i went for my 12 week scan they told me that the baby was not big enough to be 12 weeks and they couldn't find a heart beat. I decided to let the baby come away by itself, it took up to a week and a bit, i started bleeding heavily then alot of clot's then finally the baby come away. this process took about 20 minutes. I hope this helps.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.