Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
N

I just love old kitchen "Stuff". I have many of my grand-mother's and perhaps her mother's.

Pictures anyone? Let's see if there are any other people who just love these things as much as I do.

I just went through my kitchen collection and am trying to decide how to display some of them. I will probably hang most of them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Ok, so I don't have vintage utensils...but I wanted to share anyway...navey...this is your fault for teaching me how to post photos lol...

This box, the butter churn and creamer can belonged to our family. The huge mason jar has stuff I have picked up around our property and is probably junk to someone else...I have quite a few insulators at this point

I love mason jars...I have all of them full of something and have even more upstairs in my craft room.

This shelf is over my sink...I just love my moos! And photos of the grandkids...I need to get some new ones up there!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
N
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
N

Beautiful jars c. I used to have some Blue Mason jars, a couple dozen, they were quite old and even had the lids. Someone offered me a good price so I sold them but kept a few.

Here are some of the kitchen utensils I am trying to figure out how to display in my tiny, postage stamp sized kitchen. I don't have much wall space left after hanging all my copper but I'll figure something out:

I have washed and scrubbed and scoured them all a few times but some of the dark spots just won't come off. I wish there was something else I could do to clean them up but I think time has damaged the metals.

I know some people have these and paint them but I like the rustic-ness of the bare metal.

Koala
Koala
Love your utensils! I am utensil poor...lol, just one more thing my hubby is probably glad I don't collect!

~anonymous~
N
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
N

This is sort of related to old utensils.

I live on Lake Michigan and one Summer I was at this little secluded cove I go to. The water is quite shallow for a few hundred feet from shoreline. I was walking in the water just looking around and came across something very sharp that scraped my foot so I dug it out with a flat rock. It was an old bread baking pot they used to use on wagon trains. I came home and did a search on-line, that's how I knew what I found. Many things are buried under the lake and some, from the currents come to the surface and some end up right on shore in plain sight. You just pick them up. I donated it to the museum here in town and they were happy to have it. It was kind of rusted though but it still was what it was, a piece of the old west. I may TRY to find a pic on-line of one and post it for you.

Koala
Koala
Oh that is too cool! I bet you look a lot for stuff now.

~anonymous~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.