logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Amoeba
Amoeba
Sorry, I could not get to it the last few days. But I will do it today for sure. I hope I have it. I should. I have been keeping patterns since they first started putting them out, so just maybe.

Donna Rae
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Diana Lynn; laugh I found a 15 inch Variable Star pattern which includes the extra border around the block, but isn't the sashing. I think it is identical to the block of the same name in the 'Everything' quilt. You will have to redraft the same border on the rest of the blocks, but it is a starting point. What I found is at www.sewquilty.com and is the January 2006 Block of the Month. Here's the link:

Variable star with border by sew quilty

I hope you find more and I'll keep adding if I find anything else. GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
D
OP Offline
D
Thank-you GrannyH! That star is the exact one from the quilt! I don't know IF it's the same size or not. But I suppose I could make a practice block out of some stash. I'm so sorry to make this seem so important...but it "was" supposed to be my 1st quilt, and I have bought as close to the fabrics as I could find...with the exact amounts! So there's no room for error. You're all being "super" about this. I can't thank you all enough. From my heart I send you lots of warm hugs for being "sew" gracious ;-) Yours in Quilting... ~Diana Lynn~

Amoeba
Amoeba
I have gone through two of my cd's so far and no luck. But I have more to go through today when I get home. It is taking a little time because as I am searching the cd's I am condensing them and putting them on DVD so it will be easier to find somethng in the future. They are all filed right it is just going through each one. Have found a lot of stuff I forgot I had. Fun Fun.... Hope I find it! Hang in there! (-;

Donna Rae
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Diana Lynn: There is no reason to be sorry. We probably all understand your frustration. computer Whatever we can do to help!! I will continue to be on the lookout for more of these patterns, but I think the luck is running out. Now that you have the directions for the block border, I hope you can redraft the rest of the blocks. Again I am going to wish you luck with this quilt. GrannyH

D
OP Offline
D
I have GREAT news! I have found the site where the page is even laid out the exact way it was years ago at Fat Quarters Shop! It's at this site: www.knoblin.com/BOM.shtml It even has the pictures close-up of the fabrics and the Installments "work!!!" I immeditely downloaded all of them, saved the whole page, and backed everything up on 2 CD-RW discs and a couple of floppies even! Thank you for "all" your help, love, and working together to help me find "Everything's Coming Up Roses" free pattern! Now...IF anyone comes along asking...refer them to me ;-) Yours so happily in Quilting ;-) ~Diana Lynn~

Amoeba
Amoeba
I am so glad you found it. I had two more cd's to go through. It probably is on the last one!? That is the way it always happens. But the pattern is great. I am not even looking on my cd's anymore. I have been refiling on dvd's so am going to put this on a dvd. Good Going!

Donna Rae
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Diana Lynn: I think I may be almost as excited as you are. I am very glad you were able to come up with the complete quilt. And good thing that you downloaded it all. Kim Noblin is the lady who owns Block Central. I didn't realize she had another site. I don't recall ever visiting there. She is also the lady who did some of the 'State' blocks here.

So now, how long do you think it will take you to complete this quilt? Check in once in a while and let us know how it's progressing.

Donna Rae: I am still of the 'paper revolution'. I print out any patterns I think I may do in the future. Then file a cabinet. Some questions for you: What is the different between saving a pattern on CD and DVD? Why is one better than the other?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi GrannyH. I too use to print out my patterns but it got out of control. Way toooo many. I am still filing, making notebooks and more. Okay the difference between a cd and dvd, for one the most important to me is the size. A dvd can hold way more then a cd can. And I mean way more. So I can take three or four of my cds and put them on one dvd. When I first was saving everything on cd I was saving by the months and naming all the files. Like quilts and then folders for what type of quilts and then blocks then folders for the type of blocks. Applique would be in is own file with folders for all the diff appliques. Like flowers would be one file, critters would be another and so on. And I sew and do crafts also so there are more files. That is why paper got to be way to much. Also I am saving trees. (-: I double back up now on dvds, but each dvd has it's own files instead of by date. Like one dvd has nothing but quilt & block patters with individual files of the types. It is going to be so much easier to find things. I also machine embroider so I have all those files too. Slowly cleaning up. By the time I am finished if I need a quilt pattern I will be able to find it by pulling out one, maybe two dvds to locate it. But before it was a lot of cds. One reason, cds don't hold as much but also filing by date cause a lot more mess. Almost all fixed now. I can't believe how many quilt files I have. And I make purses too so collect those patterns. I couldn't believe how many of those I have. It is funny how it can all add up. But I can never find anything I want to make. LOL. It is kind of like can never find anything to wear yet my DH sez your closet is full, why can't you find anything. Same thing applies. But really it is not because I can't find a quilt pattern to make, it is the decision of which one. LOL...
Boy did I chat this one up. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Donna Rae
M
M
Diana Lynn, I was able to access the pattern and all instructions by going to Block Central. To access the site, enter the URL for Block Central, then add /bom2005-intro.shtml The information for sashings and finishing appears at the end of Installment 12 dated November 15, 2005. This should solve all of your questions and problems!

Last edited by MissouriMiss; 07/03/09 04:10 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.