Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Andso? Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
It was actually not last weekend, its this weekend coming....seriously, I just want to cry. And my husband is sooo making me go... he's the goody two shoes in our family... always does the "right thing"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
make him go with you if he's so set on doing the "right thing"

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
Andso? Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
You know... I think I just might... he'll have to sit around waiting for me (in the car) if they won't let guys in...he'll be having just about as much fun as I will.

Shark
Shark
don't take a bottle of gin. use a flask. wink

A
Andso? Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
well, I am alive!!!!! I made it through the weekend, and I am scratchfree!!! I saw the light... oh how selfish to be childfree!!! I want to have babies galore!!! mhmmmmmm, you should have been there... there were women there who seemed to soooo appreciate the baby shower cause it was a break from babies.... I'm kidding by the the away about babies galore....I love one thing tho' not even one person at the shower eve tried to start anything provocative about my CF status... it turns out 4 of us who were there were childfree too. It was a cool baby shower... no present opening until the end, and those that wanted to see the presents stayed and watched her open them, the rest of us could go, or help clean, or listen to music. 2 hours on the dot....Nice I got our of the second one....I took laxatives so my stomach was very unpredictable... so "it was best to stay at home..... Oh and I made an alchoholic punch and took it with me...funny, the mothers were clamering for it, even the pregnant and nursing ones....cool

E
ELP Offline
E
Ugh. I am 27 and have been out of school for 4.5 years. I married my husband last July. His 23 y/o sister dropped out of college, quit her job, and got pregnant right after our wedding. Now she and her boyfriend live at home with her parents. I am upset because her baby shower is Saturday and I am dreading it so much. Everyone in my husband's family acts like this is all some wonderful miracle that this baby is coming. Meanwhile, she still doesn't have a job and neither does the father of the baby. I am very excited and eager to have a child, but must keep waiting as my husband does not graduate until May. I just don't want to go and humor her and his foolish family.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Elp! Your sister-in-law sounds like a total loser. What is with these people that are so casual about having a baby?

If I were you, I'd be "too sick" to go =)

E
ELP Offline
E
Thanks for agreeing with me!! She acts like a little kid that is about to get a new puppy, not a BABY. Meanwhile, my husband and I are trying to make sure everything is in line before we get pregnant. I know there is never going to be a "right" time to have kids, but my sister-in-law's disregard for responsibility is disgusting. Plus, she has been smoking daily throughout the pregnancy and no one acts like it is a big deal!! I just don't understand his family. My husband says that it is very important to him that I go because his mother will be furious if I don't go. To make matters worse, his other sister put my name on the invitation as one of the hostesses of the shower, and I have had Nothing to do with any of it, nor do I want to!!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
OK....here's my advice. Nothing against your husband, but he needs to put the feelings of his wife before the feelings of his mother. If you truly do not want to go, he needs to support that, not be worried that his mother will be furious! I'm sure you both can come up with a beleivable excuse.

here's a side story- a dear friend of mine, "Jane" had a baby a few months back, and her mother-in-law "invited" herself, her husband, and various other relatives to come stay at Jane's house the day the baby was born. They planned on staying a few weeks. Jane spent the last few weeks of her pregnancy dreading the visit, and her husband stood by and did NOTHING! I was pretty angry with him for not standing up to his mother. His wife was so stressed and upset, but he obviously was more worried about pissing of his mother =(

M
M
We had two! Over 150 people came to each! More baby stuff than we could ever use so feel free to invite us to yours! hehe ML [url=http://www.ourbabynursery.com]Baby Nursery Furniture[/url]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.