logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Well, I ran out of space. My son (who will be 18 in late July) got invited to a 3 day trip to the lake on July 4th, of course, no adult supervison. And everyone else's parents were ok with this (you know how that goes...I am always the parent who is too fuddy-duddy). So, I am wishing that everyone would answer this question for me! Would you let your 17 yr old go? I am sure there will be plenty of beer to go around as I inquired about that and he just turned red and didn't answer. Please answer and let me know I am not the only fuddy-duddy out there! Connie

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
gee, am suprised no one answered your post, so what happened? It's a tough one, I would base my decision on my childs ability to handle responsibility. Do you trust him? and do you trust his friends? My child is only 14, so I can't compare with a situation of my own, but I identify completely with you being the fuddy duddy, I have exactly the same problem as it seems my rules are always stricter than the rules set By her friends parents. Having grown up with many beer swilling pot smoking friends and having parents who were clear about the trust they had in me I never fell for the peer pressure thing. My desire to maintain my parents trust was stronger. I only hope I can raise my own child with that same desire. Hope it went well.

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
This is on the July 4th weekend. So it hasn't happened yet. I do trust him. But I guess I am having a hard time cutting the cord! He just hit a deer a couple of weeks ago and it is going to be expensive fixing his car. So one of the other things we told him was we didn't feel like taking off 3 days to go to the lake was very smart right now when he was trying to save money to help pay for fixing his car.

~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Ok, so the trip to the lake fell through. I guess I wasn't the only parent that wasn't ok with this!

~anonymous~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.