Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Shark
Shark
N

I WAS a wee bit hesitant to post that one. I was also afraid you or she might find it a bit scary. But as long as she liked it, that's all that matters. NOW I bet THAT song will be going through your head all day too.

Along the same lines as decorating with vintage hats. A few years ago I was at an antique mart talking with a woman who collected Vintage Tea Aprons, of which I had some I inhereted. I knew they would just rot away in the box so I sold them to her. She said I should seal them in some kind of display box and hang them on a kitchen wall. Since I don't and didn't have the space or inclination to do that I sold them to her. Here are a few that resemble what I had. I had about 2 dozen of them, I think. She was very anxious to have them and she paid me a fair price, I think, I was satisfied:

Sponsored Post Advertisement
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Oh, they are so beautiful! I especially like the first one. I have 2 places in my kitchen that I hang aprons. One is my great grammas, one my gramma, 2 I made for myself (one in home economics as a project) and then some other ones I have came across.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala

~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N
I used to keep them in 2 display baskets in my much larger kitchen I had before I moved to my apt.

Hey c. You said she doen't want to keep a hat on, try this. Buy 3 of these.

One for you, one for her and one for Morty. Hahahahahahaa. You'd need to tie his on I think. Go out for a walk in the rain and see if she keeps it on. I think she might. That'd be SO cute. The three of you walking along in the rain. Does she know what an umbrella is for? Have someone take a picture of you all from the back holding hands. How sweet.

Last edited by Navigaar; 06/08/09 05:59 PM.

N
Shark
Shark
N

I washed the robe and the bed jackets and a lace blouse I found. EWWWWW, STINKY!! Nothing like 60, 70 or 80 years old satin that hasn't been washed in as many years. I washed them by hand TWICE in hot, soapy water then let them soak in clean water for a while before I wrung them out and hung them up to dry. The robe really is stinking up my whole house. Smells like wet dog. YUCK!!! I think it needs to go through the machine. I'll post them once they are dry.

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
LOL on the hats...people already think we are crazy for having such a large dog. For sure that would make the front page news here...a photo of all of us in that hat. I don't even think we own an umbrella. It doesn't rain here enough for that.

So now you will have to do something with that stuff now that you've gone to the trouble of washing it!

~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N

I must learn to REMEMBER to turn the camera OFF once I download the pictures. I wore the batteries down AGAIN!! I remembered another thing I have, it's Peach satin, Grandma LOOVED her satin, slip. I know exactly where that is.

The sizes of these things vary so she must had had some from a time when she was much smaller so some are older than others. That's seems logical.

Have to wait now for the Batteries to charge, AGAIN.

N
Shark
Shark
N

Here is a cute, little song by one of our local artists. He is on our listener supported private radio station here. I really like this song. Maybe Barbie can dance again. :Wink:

Make you Crazy

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It is a cute song...she didn't much care for it though lol.

~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N
Originally Posted By: conniem
LOL on the hats...people already think we are crazy for having such a large dog. For sure that would make the front page news here...a photo of all of us in that hat. I don't even think we own an umbrella. It doesn't rain here enough for that.

So now you will have to do something with that stuff now that you've gone to the trouble of washing it!

Well, the best I can do it repackage it all clean for someone else to find someday. It'll all be wrapped in tissue in a zipped up plastic bag in the back of my closet.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/08/24 07:45 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.