Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#523904 05/29/09 01:24 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today was lawn day at the apartments. When the guys came by with the mower all my cats hid...under the couch, in the closet.. When they came by with the blower to clean the sidewalks they all took off like bolts of lightening. Simba..my big guy hid on a shelf I made for him over the shower. He used to try to walk on the 2 shower rods I have, and one day he was crying for me, hanging by his front paws..my baby had slipped. So, I made a shelf for him over the shower rods. Thats where he hides when the lawn men are working.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
If you want to see something to cheer you up, do a google search on "Whack a Cat" that will cheer you up in the cat department! It is on youtube as well! Just learning this forum! ML

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
My kitties cheer me up...not stupid nonsense that encourages violence toward animals.

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny,

I read about that video, and I have no desire to see it. Just like your cats, our cats are so enjoyable. Why would anyone really want to see a beautiful cat being abused? How it would it be were the cat to whack the human?

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
threresa, I don't think it was about hitting real cats, but more like the carnival game...but I don't like that one either. Violence begets violence and I'm not for it in any fashion. Unfortuanately if animals retaliate on humans for abuse they are destroyed. Isn't that a shame. It's the human who should be destroyed. Guess that sounds a bit strong..andI don't really mean killed, but they should be severly punished and fined and made to do community service to help animals.

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny,

I couldn't agree more. My late beloved husband was also a non-human animal lover. Like me, he became very upset whenever he heard about the abuse of them. While still living in Singapore, we heard about a man who killed a mother dugong. You cannot imagine how upset we were. The man's lucky my husband could not find him.

Walking In Balance,
Deer

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
the sweet little faces of puppies and kitties, and the pitiful eyes of abused and abandon animals just tear me up. If I could I'd take them all and just love them into being happy.

Granny
S
S
Hi Theresa and WalkingGranny, My heart cries when I see a hurt kitty or dog. A line from the musical Hair goes How can people be so cruel? How can they? Skyharp

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
My hope for retirement is to work within the walls of a humane society or a rescue shelter. If I can find a way to get the money together I'd like to run a shelter for animals that are displced by tradgedy like floods, fire, loss of homes...any time a family can't keep their pet for what ever reason for a period of time. Then, when their circumstances change they can get their pets back. I know...in a perfect world.......but I can hope..

Granny
M
M
Yikes! What have I started! I have 4 cats! I would not touch a hair on their head! This whack a kitty video I saw on the front page of AOL! It is the cutest thing you have ever seen! A litter of baby kittens in a box and they keep poking their heads out and the guy who has then keeps pushing them down with a soft little mallet looking thing while there is a bonking sound track played over it!! It is making fun of the old kids game whack a mole. The kitties keep running out of the box and he has to stop the tape to put them back in! Hilarious! Here is the link on youtube! BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.