Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#521972 05/20/09 08:33 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
What keeps you positive?

Here's the newest featured article: 7 Quick and Powerful Self Empowering Activities

For our Self Development newsletter subscribers, here is the answer to our pearl of wisdom quiz - a. Shoes thrown on the floor

If you'd like to learn about the newest articles on Self Development site and participate in our weekly quiz - please sign up for the free weekly newsletter. Here's the link: FREE Weekly Self Development Newsletter

Thank for for reading and participating in our forum!

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
Prayer keeps me positive.

Managing to keep those things that are most important to me after hitting rock bottom. After that is secured everything else seems to fall into place and stress fades away.

N
Shark
Shark
N

Naps

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Focus on Gratitude. Praise God throughout the day!! Fully appreciate the beauty and wonder of the world around you - appreciate the luxuries in your life, for they could easily be taken away - don't take them for granted!

Compassion. Have compassion not only for yourself but also for others.

Focus on things that are engaging, stimulating, and inspire a feeling of connectedness to the world and to something bigger than yourself. Be more aware of �the present� � looking for things to observe and sense helps with this � ex � notice at least 6 distinctions when watching TV � something as simple as a person�s eye color)

Maintain light-heartedness, be silly and enjoy the simple things. NO over-thinking negative thoughts or feelings!!! This is not healthy!

Soak in nature

Take joy in happy, uplifting, engaging music

Meditate(especially on compassion and thankfulness!!)

Exercise(at least 10 min of high-intensity for mood lifting)

Service � giving and doing for others

Feeling Free and letting go of fear � I do my best, and others' opinions don�t matter. There�s a freedom in not caring.

Let go of Control - don't allow yourself to dwell or worry about those things in which you cannot control.

Smile! Doing so tricks your brain into thinking you're happy!!

Eat high-nutrient foods, and be sure to take fish oil - our brain needs the omega 3's!!

Sunshine - we need a little everyday. Morning sun is especially helpful for lifting one's mood.

Last edited by Sharon SelfDevelop Ed; 05/30/09 09:03 PM.
N
Shark
Shark
N

I keep a daily "LOG" of my "Things I have to do today". Whatever I don't do the previous day goes on the next day's. I usually accomplish what I have to in a weeks time. I may lag a day or two here and there but I do eventually get to everything I need to get to. That keeps me positive.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Different Kind Of Girl-

That is a great list! Thank you for sharing.

I did try to clean up the spacing some - it was all out of whack.

~Sharon

Last edited by Sharon SelfDevelop Ed; 05/31/09 03:38 PM.

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Thanks Sharon! :) Another one: * Keep a clean, organized environment - (important for sense of well-being!) * Get enough sleep! * Relaxation - be sure to get in at least a few minutes of relaxation each day! * Get Organized! -- Flylady.net, etc. Idiots/Dummies books have several on these. Being organized will give you a feeling of being more in control and can even give a sense of euphoria. Make yourself a notebook with a daily routine and what has to be done each day to maintain order. Routines help with maintaining a sense of well-being. * Time with Friends/Family -- It's important to have your social support Group! That can be either a group of friends, just one or two close friends, etc. Some just need one good friend they can trust - it just depends. :) * ME Time -- Spend some time for yourself whether it's socializing, working towards personal goals, hobbies, music, etc. Carve out "at least" 5 minutes a day to meditate, listen to relaxing music, etc. Also, as Navigaar said, * Keep a "To Do" list. This helps to keep you on track, and stayign on track means staying productive, which definitely helps with staying positive! This is all part of the "get organized" tip! :)

Last edited by DifferentKindofGirl; 05/30/09 09:59 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Different Kind of Girl, what a wonderful list!

And Sharon, I just love your photo, you exude happiness, peace and joy. You remind me of a wonderful lady that we used to sit next to at our church in Nebraska smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Thanks Sue! I agree too about Sharon's photo! You look quite happy yourself! smile

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.