logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Yep, I agree with Lisa that networking is key. However, no matter how could good you network, you need to: 1) prove that you're a competent, intelligent person 2) that you're appropriate for the job that being said, no matter how many people you meet, if you can't prove you're a good fit, there really isn't much point. i suggest you beef up your resume and interviewing skills with the help of a recruiter in your industry. they have far more insight into job search because that's what they do all day long. try [ur=http://resumeguru.us]ResumeGuru[/url]. they specialize in resumes and cover letters. they also come backed with a money-back guarantee for results so you don't waste your money. my family has used them and have had great results. it's worth checking out at the very least.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
rozroz Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Wow thanks for all your help everyone, I finally found a job! Started last Tuesday. I ended up getting hired by a company i applied for on www.findajobinyourstate.com. It's not the best job in the world and no where close to the last job i had but hey it's a job and i'm happy and lucky to have one right now. I've found that networking and sending out resumes like crazy really helps and improves your odds of getting hired by a company! Thanks again everyone for your understanding and suggestions, i really appreciate it!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
CONGRATULATIONS ROZROZ!!! I am so HAPPY for you!!!
Nothing like ending the day with a success story. queen

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
You could always try working from home while you're waiting - elance has plenty of projects waiting to be filled - have to weed out the wheaqt from chaff tho - some very low paid ones in there! my freelance writing business does quite well - you never know you might like it!

J
J
Honestly, finding jobs these days is WORSE than a needle in a haysack, lets be serious. I actually decided to take a few "continued learning" courses with the national education foundation.. its super cheap, looks decent on a resume and it really makes me feel like I'm not wasting my life away looking through job posts all day long haha --- OH huge point-- these course are all set towards getting job which are part of the new stimulus package... so everyone cross your fingers for me! :) and if you wanna check out the site- www.nefuniversity.org good luck ladies!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jessica,
Taking courses is excellent. That's one of the things that you will be able to talk about in an interview when they ask what you've been doing since your last job.
Good luck to you!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
My son just lost his job. He's in construction which is relatively flat line these days. There is very little development and little commercial anything going on.

I hope it improves soon.

L
L
I agree Lisa, networking is definitely important. Do you know of any good sites to find networking events? I've been doing the Facebook/LindkeIn thing and it's good but definitely not enough. I signed up for [url=http://www.myownonlineresume.com]www.myownonlineresume.com[/url] and now have a website for my resume that I email to employers and I've noticed much more responses. Does anyone know a simple form for business cards because I want to put my URL on there when I go to some job fairs next month.

Last edited by lookingforajob; 06/12/09 02:23 PM.
D
D
I believe in keeping a positive sense of self, either in job interviewing or networking. Unemployment and difficulty in finding a new job could beat us down quite a bit. But keeping a positive sense of self will convey confidence, which is what employers want. ________________________________ Hard to land a new job? "Unemployment Stress" might be a culprit... Take a free quiz to find out! http://tinyurl.com/kwox8t

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You also want to keep an eye out for predators looking to cash in on desperation.

You can be plenty more confident with $75.00 + extra in the bank. Try to look especially well into word of mouth before you pay anything for any extra service. Timing is free of charge!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.