Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wanted to thank every one of the forum members here for helping support me and encourage me with my journal writing. I finally filled an entire one up! I think this is the first time in my entire life I have done that. In the past I'd get those page-a-day diaries and I'd write for a few months and then lose interest. Then the next year I'd start up again and write for a few months and lose interest. What was a shame is that I *loved* it when I journaled. It really helped me sort out my thoughts, plan my days and handle bumps. When I didn't journal I would be much more upset and unorganized. But I would lose track of the benefits and not keep up with it.

This time instead of getting upset if I missed a day, I would smile and say that was fine. I kept the journal right by the bed, with my different colored easy-to-write-with gel pens, so that if I *did* want to write, it would be very easy. I really looked forward to it at the end of the day and really I only missed a day if I was exhausted. I was worried the past few days that I was coming to the end of a journal and wouldn't have a new one to start next! But Bob and I ran out yesterday and I got a new one. It's soft and fuzzy too! I seem to like these "soft" journals for some reason. It's an added attraction. It's like a stuffed animal.

So thank you all, so much, for being such a wonderful community. You've really helped me a lot, and I love my journaling smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Isn't it thrilling to complete something like that, and yet you have the opportunity to start a new journal? They can certainly become addictive.

I love that you use different colored gel pens - you can coordinate the colors with your current mood.

Thanks again!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I really do enjoy journaling so much. I think it's like if you have a yoga class to go to, you do it because the class is there to support you. If you were just doing yoga on your own you might get busy and do other things instead - and you'd really miss it but just never do it. You guys are like my journaling class smile

Journaling is a solo activity so it's easy normally for me to say "I should be coding" or "I should be answering email" or something else work related. I finally convinced myself that journaling was helping me be a much better coder and email answerer by being more serene and focused and organized. That really helped me to think of journaling as an important part of my day and not just 'silly Lisa time'.

Low Carb Forum
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Wow - that's awesome! Congratulations. I too tend to start journals and then move on to another one before finishing the old one. Maybe I'll pick up some of my old journals and begin filling in the gaps, no-guilt-induced.

Angela <><

Angela England
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely there should not be any guilt in this process. It is up to you to use them or to leave them blank! You could always use them as doodle pads smile

Low Carb Forum
I
Shark
Shark
I
Hi, Lisa! Big-time congratulations! Feels good, doesn't it? Isn't journaling wonderful? I think one of the greatest things about it is the fact that it is one of the very few things in life that a person can totally have and do their own way! Most of us need that in our lives... just that feeling of being the boss, the one in complete control! I have read many journaling books, and I've gleaned many helpful tips and tricks from them! But the first time they start to sound preachy and bossy, and tell me what the &quot;RIGHT WAY&quot; is to do my own journal-writing... well, that is when the book gets heaved aside! Give me pointers, give me advice... but don't tell me what to do!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.