Or rather the lack of it, why is it that when my sons and I started bowling for love nor money we struggled to find a coach. Now that the kids have joined the local junior league I thought it would be good and they can possibly get some extra coaching (We have 4 coaches in their league) I'm willing to pay for it but still I get no-where. I joined the local adult league and played for a few months but kept getting knee problems, I got the odd remark like oh your not sliding correctly etc but no explanation as to what I was doing wrong.
Now I've gone outside of the local area and got the kids some coaching about an hour away, that coach has helped them and has explained to me what I was doing wrong and why I got the knee problems I did and explained how to fix the problem. So why is it that people can tell you your doing something wrong but they don't take the time to show or tell you how to correct it.. some might think it's trivial but believe me I asked and asked to no avail. Now I'll be honest and say the league was not easy to get into and 90% of the people in it don't mingle with new comers so you go along and sit alone which was hard enough but for them to almost let you hurt yourself and not help you?!!! Well believe me I have now left the league, have improved my game without their help, and thanks to the coach that I took the kids to have just bowled my first 200 game bowling a 241.
I mean hey I'm not a coach but I always try and help others when I see them doing something wrong/unsafe I'd hate to see someone get hurt and think I could have prevented that..