Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Finding out which doctor has NOT signed off on the report is just as important as contacting the attending nurses for a statement. Nurses are generally downplayed in situations like this, but can hold a wealth of information.

They've seen more cases than the doctors in general, and may have children as well. Crazy things happen with kids and my daughter was one of the worst for crazy things. We were in the ER at least every 18 to 24 months with something unusual for 19 years. We actually budgeted for it. For me, it seemed the nurses were much more level headed and factual in these matters. Have your attorney find those nurses, and keep their statements underwraps until needed.

The nurses face repercussions for going against the doctors, but could provide a number of leads for you to investigate on your own, with them not directly involved.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi lcp,

We already know which Doctor has not signed off on the report, it's not rocket science. However, these are the hospital records we're requesting, since it was a direct admit, she did not send them to the emergency room. I wonder if she had sent them to the emergency room, if things would have worked out differently. Perhaps they would have run more tests.

From my own research of the medical terminology used so much is not adding up.

I will again mention the nurses to my fiance. As I said he is a criminal investigator and since this most recent emotional shock has started to wear off he's starting to see things more clearly and still has a lot of questions.

Thanks again, I will keep in touch. However, we really need the medical records before we can move forward.

Lol, I keep forgetting to mention we have a very good friend who lives in Brunswick, Ga and she owns about 15 Gecko's.

anamcara
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Your friend is right up the road from me and we definitely have something in common. I Love Lizards! They are so cute and we must have a hundred or so in our little yard.

The lizard and the turtle are my two favorite animal fetishes. Friends have brought them to me from all over the world. It seems I always come home from a Pow-Wow with at least one lizard or turtle.

Now that your fiance's head is clearing, I know he will be able to take this situation "by the horns." The general arrogance of those working for governmental child protection services is a constant source of frustration. And sometimes the judges are even worse. I do understand they must err on the side of caution, as their main goal should be protection of the child. But any power taken to the extreme will end up abusive.

My prayer is the situation will be resolved as quickly as possible through the combination of our prayers and some effective "gum-shoe" by your fiance. I feel certain he has contacts to provide leads and advice. I also have the impression C&Y will come to realize they picked the WRONG family to mess with.

This situation should be "milked" thoroughly in the press, tv and radio if you can. If you're putting up a public fight, it will not only garnish local support, but can also prompt other "victims" of C&Y's abusive tactics to come forward and join you.

Another possible source of support may be in a local politician, one who is looking for some publicity and maybe a project to improve his/her chance at re-election. The media will respond to them and help get your story out. Just another side from which to attack.

But don't forget about those nurses. They have a story or two which need to be heard.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi lcp,

If my friend is right around the corner then you'd probably recognize FLETC. She's a firearm's instructor and my fiance will be there in early June for yearly training...how I wish I could join him since he normally stays on St. Simon's Is during that time!!

As for my fiance having contacts, he does have contacts and will use them but feels we need to have the medical records in hand before making the calls, they're supposed to be ready tomorrow.

As for a local politian, I am not sure who that would be since we live 2 hours away from where this all happened. I will have him suggest that to his ex-wife, since she would know who the local ones are, they know the Police Chief, for crying out loud!

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks again

anamcara
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
As for politicians, local is fine, but statewide would be better. They tend to have more resources, staff. C&Y is most probably a state branch, so someone at the state level would be more effective in stirring things up.

If the family knows the police chief, he may need to stay out, as he's too close. However, the police chief could drop some names for State Police, State Attorney General's office, etc.

I have solved several issues by contacting my state congresswoman and involving my state's reps to Federal Congress. If you beat every bush you can find, someone will fall out.

Good luck in obtaining the medical records this week. With those in hand, an objective review is imperative. Find the most reputable pediatrician in the state and let his office know what's going on. If there's a possibility of favorable media mention for them, chances are they will agree to a review of the medical records.

St Simons Island is great, but I much prefer Edisto Island, just south of Charleston, SC. It's home, so I'm not really objective. I know it will be hard for your fiance, being away during all this mess. Hopefully he'll gain some clarity, peace and inspiration that close to the ocean.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Medical records didn't come through yet. The family filled out paperwork for them to be released, hospital said they'd be ready by Tuesday. Then the hospital yanked them, the woman who called told us how to go around getting them, long story short, we need the supbeona. No idea where the lawyer is in all this, she seems to have disappeared.

I am sure the police chief is already aware of what is going on, he's close to the family, but I do understand his staying out of the whole ordeal. With C & Y they don't care who you are, really.

I have heard of Edisto Island, well we've driven through S.C on our way to GA, but did not stop.

Thank you for mentioning my fiance, I too hope he gains some clarity and peace. He's an excellent detective, if anyone can figure this out he can.

anamcara
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'm so sorry to hear of the delay in obtaining the medical records. Their obstructing them from being released only serves to further raise suspicions. Something is "stinky" at that hospital.

But use the time wisely in finding that outstanding pediatrician, or ER doctor for the review. Hopefully you can find the attorney and get the subpeona issued this week.

The interim might also be a good time for some internet research on others who have been through this with C&Y. I'm certain there have been articles in the newspapers and on TV of past goofups and down right persecutions by that department.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi lcp,

Thanks, yes, they are refusing to turn over the medical records and according to HIPAA rules and regs they have to put in writing why they will not release the medical records. Apparently, their response to that is "it's not our practice". Are you kidding me? That right there is a violation of HIPAA. However, the hospital can say that they will not release the records because it would be harmful to the child. However, again, this needs to be put in writing by the hospital and it does not sound like they will do that. They are not protecting the child, they are protecting themselves.

It looks like the only way we'll get them is to have a Judge sign an order for the release of the records, but who knows how long that will take???

When this all happened I immediately went looking for information. There is alot of information about cases such as the one we are dealing with. Everything I've read make's me sick to my stomach, the abuse within the system is rampant, their "investigative" techniques are atrocious and in the end illegal. This is the "civil" system where anything goes anyone can lie and not be held accountable. If these cases were moved to the Federal system, it would be a whole different story. There would not be nearly as many children removed from homes as is happening today.

I wish I could say I am not worried, but I am. I just keep getting the impression of "smoke and mirrors".

anamcara
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Anna, what you can do is all you can do. I know you're already "riding" the attorney and have asked how to assist them. You've compiled information on similar atrocities. Have you been able to get through to anyone at the state level? Attorney General's office, State congress member, etc.

What about Tom Ridge? He is a former Governor with Federal contacts. Beat those bushes! Someone will fall out to help clear the smoke and break the mirrors. If your attorney starts getting inquiries from former Governors, state legislators, etc, it will probably light a bonfire under them.

My next step would be finding a reputable, objective investigative reporter. That might be hard, but the threat of publicity would certainly get wheels turning. You might want to look for a reporter in a neighboring state, or one whose coverage area is multiple states, i.e. Pittsburgh or Philadelphia area.

Multiple phone calls and emails from different people on a regular basis to state officials about this situation may quicken a response. They can ignore a few inquiries from one or two people. It's much harder with multiple, consistent inquiries from 20, 30, or 40 residents and fellow victims of C&Y's abuses.

Make a list of state officials, including mailing address, email and phone number. A sample letter to get people started would be helpful and keep the information consistent. Give it to everyone you trust, asking them to write, call AND email each person on the list over the next 3 to 4 weeks. Provide envelopes and stamps if needed. Someone, somewhere will get the message you are not shying away from this fight.

Get the names and addresses of all the hospital board members and start contacting them too. An intimation of publicity for them will most assuredly light a bonfire. They will either close ranks or start cooperating. Either outcome will provide cannon fodder.

Let the hospital know you're after C&Y, not them. But if they get caught in the cross-fire due to their lack of response or cooperation, so be it.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
lcp,

All good advice thank you! Unfortunately I am totally wiped out from my own hearing with my ex husband. Not only did I get abused by him, I got abused by the court as well as my own lawyer...I am ready to give up..I don't think I have anything left for anyone.

Have I mentioned the first five months of this year have been incredibly testing for both my fiance and my self and us as a couple?

I can't think, I haven't slept and I am totally exhausted.

anamcara
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.