Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Couldn't find a help section for posting on Bella Online, but hopefully I can get help here! My post options state: HTML is disabled. UBBCode is disabled. Does anyone know why or how I can change this? I hate being a sloppy poster!! haha Thanks! :)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
If you hit Reply you should see a reply box for your text, and below that, a dropdown menu with 3 options:

using UBBCode
using HTML
using HTML and UBBCode

At least, that's what I have...

Elizabeth Connick, HTML Editor
HTML Website
HTML Forum
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thanks for the reply! I don't have that option. This is what I have below my reply box: Post Options Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0) HTML is disabled. Add this thread to my Watched Topics. UBBCode is disabled. Add my signature to this post.

Hmm. You could try cruising through your profile and preferences settings. They are accessible thru the My Stuff menu near the top of the screen. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Elizabeth Connick, HTML Editor
HTML Website
HTML Forum
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Still nothing. Maybe I need to update my Explorer. I don't have this problem at other forums though. Hmm... oh well. Thanks for your help. :)

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We never allow HTML at all for any visitors - that would be a huge security breach. No HTML at all is allowed by any visitors.

New visitors - under 50 posts - are not allowed to do UBB code either. We routinely have spammers sign up who immediately begin posting external links. By requiring 50 posts before UBB code can be used, we have pretty much eliminated all spammers. So that one small change saved us literally hours and hours of work every day!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Lisa, Thanks for letting me know!! I had wondered at first if that was the case, but with 30+ posts I figured it was something else! haha Sounds like a great strategy, and I'm glad it's working and keeping the spammers away! Thank you so much for letting me know!! :)

J
J
thanks Lisa for telling us and sort out our probs.

oh that's why..

Unfortunately, the spammers are still getting in-- they just can't leave "links" but they can leave visible URLs. When I view the forum list, the very first forum is Auto Detailing and the last post is Spanish courses in Spain... ??? What that has to do with Auto Detailing I'll never know! The moderators still need to be checking their forums, but, as Lisa mentioned, it's a big job if the forum is active.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.