Never thought I would be saying thank GOD for COBRA. Before I started my new job I had a major surgery, got my eyes check, teeth cleaned, etc. My new job coverage isn't set to start until June 1, 2009. No problem right? I mean I'm a well person. As you have probably guessed--I got sick. I mean the whole sha-bang...a trip to ER by ambulance, x-rays, ultrasound, CT Scan, you name it.

When I could make it back to work I called my previous employer to inquire about COBRA. I made the COBRA election on April 20, 2009. My deadline was April 24, 2009. Talk about just under the wire. The $1500 that I'll have to pay for COBRA coverage will pale in comparison to the litany of charges that will result from that trip to ER.

For more information on COBRA read

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Denise Castille
[bBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!