Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#512874 04/15/09 04:20 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just turned 40, and I don't put a huge stock in numbers or birthdays. I am always just me, living another day and doing my best. But I'm always curious when people talk about midlife. If I assume I'm going to live to be 100 (I dream big) then counting in thirds I began my "middle of my life" at age 33, going to age 66. That means I'm solidly in my midlife. I never thought of myself as being in my midlife smile

What does midlife mean to you guys? When does it begin? When does it end?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
This is a good one. I am 41 tomorrow. That's mid life, I guess. (although I too plan to be a centurion).

But i don't feel that old. I think of myself as still pretty young, still figuring things out.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Happy Birthday Jilly!!

I agree, it is very odd to me that I am in "midlife". To me that word always goes with "crisis" but I feel rather content. I suppose if you look at life as being a child, being an adult, and being a senior, I am in that "middle part".

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Midlife to me is the time when things seem to start to get a bit easier. We have acquired maybe a little wisdom, a little patience, and aging isn't the big catastrophe that the marketeers would have us believe it to be.

It seems to settle in once we've accepted our mortality and start taking care of ourselves with an eye toward longevity. Now the race goes to the tortoise.<G>

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Maybe that's it, maybe this is the "mature stage" smile

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra

I'm 48, a grandmother & just starting to think of myself as middle-aged!

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I'm 58 and have grandchildren but still don't think of myself as old. I guess the middle aged thing only recently hit me when i look in the mirror. I feel like I've held together pretty well-lol

I guess you know when you're reaching middle age when these type of remarks from your doctor make you feel good - like "You have really good muscle tone (for someone your age) and "You're really healthy (for someone your age). They never say "for someone your age" but the implication is there.

I keep telling myself I'm only as old as I feel and most days I feel about 40!

O
O
Well, I never really thought about it either, that is until the week I turned 40 (that was nine years ago). I had a doctors appointment that week and also had an appointment to get my yearly eye exam. At the doctors visit, he warned me about all the usual things they do with over the age of 39, colestrol, calium (don't want to get hutch backed) and my blood sugar. Then at the eye doctors he gives me a new prescrition and it's says Bifocals. Yep, Bifocals. That was the day I realized I was middle age. LOL But with fifty fast approaching I really don't worry much about it, as I stay fit, who wouldn't when working on a farm, and I love life, more now than as a 20 year old. I have one daughter who has been married for seven years now and no grandkids yet. So let mid-life come on! I'll dance with it.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I dreaded my 40th birthday, I was sure that I would suddenly fall into decrepitude the minute I reached it. Big surprise! No change! I felt the same after as I did before. After that the birthdays held no fear for me. As I have said here before I am 75 now, still active, still happily creating, still fit and healthy, still enjoying every day. If this is middle age, I love it; it sure isn't old age yet!

O
O
Claybird, you go girl. My grandmother, and great grandmother were the same way. At 83 my great grandmother was still trying to mow her own yard, but Mom and I would take over and help her whenever we caught her. They taught me a great deal about living life to the fullest.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.