logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
If you love a mix of beautiful flowers, music, food, arts, crafts and history, you will love to visit this popular annual event.
Tulip Time Festival

Are you a tulip lover?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I've exhibited my pottery at the Tulip Festival many times, but not recently. I always loved seeing the massive plantings of tulips around the wonderful, huge, authentic Dutch windmill, "The Swan" on Windmill Island, and the rows of blooming tulips along the residential streets of the own.

TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
Welcome Claybird. What type of pottery do you make?

Holland is a nice town. My husband and I can't make the tulip festival this year but plan on visiting some lighthouses in that area soon.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Michigan is Lighthouse Central! Did you know that there are more lighthouses along the Michigan coastlines than in any other state in the US? I have visited many but not all by any means. Which ones are on your list? The double one at St. Joseph is the closest one to me and I was there a week ago and took some (more) photos of it.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
My mother was a second grade teacher and also loved lighthouses. We went on a weekend tour (Mom, Dad and I) so that she could personally take pictures of various lighthouses for a project for her students. We left home on Friday night and camped out Fri and Sat. Had a great time!

Also, I was married toward the end of January, and my husband and I traveled to Holland for the Tulip festival a few months later. Almost like a second honeymoon. I still have the pictures we took. It is a great place to see the beautiful and colorful flowers.

Thanks for the memories! smile

TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we know we definitely want to see "Big Red." We plan on making our way up from Holland to Muskegon and seeing some on the way. It won't be a long trip, just a few days, but we are looking forward to doing some lighthouse hopping again. smile

The last ones we went to were in St. Joseph and South Haven. We hope to see them all, but that will take a while.

Last edited by TrishGreatLakesEd; 04/24/09 08:50 PM.
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Around the Great Lakes it is surprising what one can see in just a couple of days. There is so much available that by the time we get back from just a 2-3 day trip we feel like we've been gone much longer. So many photos and memories to carry us for a while. Do you find that to be so?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Trish, what a great article! I love Tulip festivals. When I live in Mount Vernon, WA, I always toured all the tulip gardens during the festivals. It was so lovely. Your article brings back very happy memories. Thank you!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
Edie - Yes I am grateful that we can pack so much into a short trip or just be lazy if we want.

Phyllis - Thank you. There's something about tulips. They are like heralds of spring whenever you see them.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Tulips have such an array of colors that seeing them in a large quantity such as at the Tulip Festival just takes my breath away. They also have a stately appearance as they seem to stand tall. Quite a wonderful flower and definitely "heralds of spring" - I like your phrase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.