Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#507902 04/02/09 03:48 AM
R
RM13 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I recently had a coworker ask me if Mormons are Christians. I looked at him and said "Are you kidding?!?!" I asked him if he knew what the official name of the church was--The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He asked what a saint was. I explained to him that a "saint" as used in the Church's name, refers to a believer in Jesus Christ and God. I asked him if he believed in Jesus Christ, he replied that he did, after which I patted him on the shoulder, looked him in the eye and said " Well Brother, you are a saint too." I am proudly a Christian. Our Savior died for all of us and he loves everyone. My friend went on to ask me if all sins are forgiven and what the Mormon church believed about forgiveness. I slipped back into my full-time missionary mode and began. I told him that the Lord will forgive whom he will forgive but we are commanded to forgive everyone. He asked why we believe this and I let him know that we believe that only God has perfect judgment. Forgiveness and many other blessings are made possible through the blood of our Elder Brother, even Jesus Christ. He asked me if God would forgive him for his sins and I said " that's between you and Him." In an industrial enviroment this was truly an oddly refresshing moment. It was a relief from the daily grind of my job. I wasn't trying to convert him, simply to share with him my beliefs and answer any questions he had. He was very appreciative. Have any of you had experiences similar to this? I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited by RM13; 04/02/09 03:50 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
J
A "Christian" of vague denominational ties once browbeat me and two other little girls when we were 13 and selling snowcones for one of my friend's 4H clubs. He (somewhere in his 40's) first came by offering to buy a cone if we took a religious "survey," then came back after having graded these surveys and spent the next hour haranguing us and telling us our parents were going to hell and we would surely follow if we didn't go with him and be saved. Being good Mormon girls, we didn't give him the finger, but we closed our booth and walked away.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That's a shame, Jamie, no teen should be harassed like that! Well no person at all should be - but an adult harassing a child like that is even worse.

He should have been reported to local adults and sent packing!

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 04/15/09 04:18 AM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
J
Yes, looking back at it I can't beleive none of the adults passing by stepped in. It had to be obvious that this man wasn't our parent, and the booths were all closee enough together that I know a lot of people heard what was happening. It just highlights for me the importance of respecting one other's beliefs, and teaching my kids to do so also. It always makes me sad to hear anyone mocking another faith. I love to discuss religion, but for the life of me I can't think of a single positive outcome of "Bible Bashing."

Moderated by  Jamie - LDS Families Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.