#510818 04/09/09 11:37 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
When you quit smoking, drinking, drugging, etc. is not up to anyone but you and your Higher Power. No one can make you. You have to want it! Sometimes we don't really understand why someone just can't recover but it is all about timing and that timing comes from the Divine!

Read Divine Timing at the 12 Step Recovery site and then get on this forum and share your thoughts and maybe your story.

Click on the line below to go directly to Divine Timing.

BellaOnline Forum

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

Last edited by Kathy - 12 Step Recovery; 04/09/09 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Addiction really is a scary thing. I agree completely that it is easy for an outsider to say "well they should just stop doing it!"

But for someone IN an addiction, it isn't that easy. That's why it's an addiction and not a fun hobby. Their body is overwhelming them with cravings that take over their brain.

I give great kudos to anyone who is in an addictive situation and tries to break out.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
S
I have been in recovery for 29 years and there is nothing easy about it but it's the hardest job you will ever love!!! It does have to be the addict's choice. Like the old saying goes, You have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired.

C
C
Kathy L. I just wanted to let you know that I read several of your articles now and I've loved all of them and divine timing is so true not of us stop until were ready it took me 2 DUI,s before I got it but I've been sober now for 14 months and still struggle at times but feel better then I ever have. And I find alot of insperation from your articles. thanks cowboygolf.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Addiction of anything is terrible. One should never get addicted in first place. Controlling him/herself before getting addicted to anything is the best thing to do.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I am sorry to say this but if you say you should be in control so that you are not addicted, you have absolutely no idea what an addiction is. This is not meant to be sarcastic. Self-control is not about addiction. This is truly what people believe who have never experienced it in any way, shape or form. Do you really think addicts continue to use because they like it? Finding out an addiction has nothing to do with self-control is what makes us addicts recover and start to feel good about ourselves.

Blessings,
Kathy

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.