Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#509024 04/05/09 12:16 PM
C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
I spend time reading the Word of God (I do my best to put God first), I call or visit my family members overseas, I work, I do research, I write, I participate in network activities, I work out... In brief, I am always busy.

How your activities meet this Use of time?

AMERICAN TIME USE SURVEY―2007 RESULTS

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor reported that in 2007:

� Twenty percent of employed persons did some or all of their work at home on days that they worked, and 87 percent did some or all of their work at their workplace.

� On an average day (which includes all 7 days of the week), 83 percent of women and 66 percent of men spent some time doing household activities, such as housework, cooking, lawn
care, or financial and other household management.

� Watching TV was the leisure activity that occupied the most time, accounting for about half of leisure time, on average, for both men and women.

Does it reflect reality or is it biased?

Consuelo Herrera - Accounting Editor

A typical business loses 5% of its gross revenue to fraud Report to the Nations issued by ACFE Fraud Solutions International: Fraud Prevention/Investigation and training. Contact us!
info@fraudawareness.org

Accountingwebsite
Accounting Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That's a fascinating study Consuelo! It is scary that people watch that much TV. Think of all the active things we could be doing with our time! Or the productive fun things like knitting or drawing or painting! TV is so passive, and time flies by, never to return smile

I wonder how the study counted people who work from home, so the home is the workplace!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Interesting. I don't watch TV almost at all. I watch the Biggest Loser each week, but I also work out during it. So that's a two hour workout instead of lazing about on the couch. My niece likes the show too, so when I go to my sister's house to watch it (I don't have cable), I bring my twist boards so we can work out together. smile

So, the rest of my time? Mornings - read emails, update facebook status, check forums, tend to dogs, make to do lists, clean house.

Afternoons - Work on RV projects, do errands, make calls - this is where the bulk of the "things that must get done" happen.

Evenings - Emails, facebook, BellaOnline forums, write articles, do birding, go for run.

Night - Read RV manuals/magazines, watch two Farscape eps with Dan (or whatever series we are working through that we've downloaded). Read before bed.

I do want to add yoga and painting to my days. And I probably spend too much time online still.

C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Thank you Lisa for visiting my forum!

I agree with you; people watch TV for hours and hours. I personally know two friends of mine who invariably tell me the same when I ask them what they are doing - watching TV. I have encouraged them to "get a life"... go out and enjoy the scenery and why not? paint or get beautiful pictures.

I would think the study counted people who work from home.

Yeah... time flies and you never make up for the time lost. How sad.

A typical business loses 5% of its gross revenue to fraud Report to the Nations issued by ACFE Fraud Solutions International: Fraud Prevention/Investigation and training. Contact us!
info@fraudawareness.org

Accountingwebsite
Accounting Forum

C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Hi Jill!

Great agenda. It is amazing how many things we can get done by properly allocating our time.

It seems to me that you have a great balance in you life. I don't sped time watching TV, either, however when I do, I work out simultaneously so I do not feel like I was watching TV.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

info@fraudawareness.org

Accountingwebsite
Accounting Forum

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you, Consuelo, I am really trying to get in balance with my time. Last night I used the twist board to get in a workout while watching Farscape.

I feel like I spend a lot of time on Facebook and these forums, but they are for different reasons. With Facebook, I am for the 1st time ever, keeping in actual contact with family and old friends. It feels great and loving. Facebook is like a big hug.

With the BellaOnline forums, it's as Lisa has said elsewhere - it's exactly like having a free unlimited life coaching resource. So rather than a waste of time, I see posting here as a way to really get my life in order and become happier. smile

How do you spend your time?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I spend about 5 hours a day on the computer as I'm a writer. But I do admit to wasting time on Iwon games. While on the computer, the tv is on. I'm not a watcher but keep up with soaps by listening. I know all the voices after all these years. I try to get in some walking every day. I designate Tuesday and Wednesday as completely car-free days. Every place I go I walk to. Sheryl

Sheryl Tilley
C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
I agree with you Jill.

I have my entire family's pictures in Facebook. If I feel homesick, I just visit it and write a little note to my relatives or I receive their love notes and it fills my life with joy.

BellaOnline is the greatest network! I love being part of it.

Thank you for sharing your ways of spending time with us!

info@fraudawareness.org

Accountingwebsite
Accounting Forum

C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Hi Sheryl,

Welcome to this forum!

I do not blame you for spending so much time in the computer doing research. That's part of your commitment as a writer.

I spend hours in the computer, most of the time researching about White-Collar crimes. That goes with my forensic accounting and fraud prevention favorites fields. I found it fascinating and I learn and gather information that I share with my readers.

Computer games? I never have played. I have friends who play all kinds of games and find it exciting.

What are writing about?

info@fraudawareness.org

Accountingwebsite
Accounting Forum

N
N
Lately inside either in front of the computer or the television hidden in this room.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.