Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Ive always wanted to be able to stop working and stay home with my dogs. That might sound kind of silly but I love spending time wiht them and training them. Id also love to do volunteer work with them, and maybe some other types of volunteer work. Currently Im a special education teacher of kids with severe disabilities and Im very good at my job and I like it. Still I hope when my husband makes more money I can leave it. Interestingly if we had human kids Id never even consider leaving my job since Id want to be able to pay for their college education and extracurricular activies, clothes, and so forth.

What can you do becasue you dont have kids

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I can take a 2 1/2 week vacation with my husband to South America!

I can make whatever gourmet treat I want for dinner, without having to think about *shudder* white sandwich bread or chicken mcnuggets!

I can take a bubble bath and spend all evening reading a good book!

Life is good!

N
NAW Offline
N
Good question. It is afterall the opportunity cost of having kids.

I get to travel! Pack up and leave whenever we want(work permits). I also get to pursue my studies.
I think the biggest thing for me is the freedom to do what I want whenever I want to. Money not spent on kids helps give this freedom.

Shark
Shark
i'm getting to make my dream of going back to grad school come true. since i got divorced, i've been saving and saving and saving money. i'm quite frugal, so i have been able to get completely out of debt since the divorce 2 years ago, and i have very few expenses. so any extra money i had, i put into savings. and my parents told me they wanted to pay for me to get my master's degree (wow, that was awesome), so i'm actually going to take some time from my job and go back to school full-time. i'm getting my degree in library science, so i'll be going to another job anyway.

i'm scared to take this step, but i'm excited at the same time. it's a good scared, i guess. if i were still married or had kids, i wouldn't be able to do this. i was hoping to do it when i graduated college in 93, but that summer, i got married, and he was still in college. so i taught full-time and worked part time also to pay the bills while he went to school. then he went to law school. then we bought a house. then we bought a new car. then we bought another house. then we got divorced 14 years into the marriage. so it's my chance now. i don't know what i'm going to do without working. i'll feel super-guilty i think since i've always worked at least 2 jobs sometimes 3 (this past summer, i had 5 jobs because i was trying to put more into savings).

but this is my dream. and i couldn't have done it if i had kids. and heck, i couldn't even do it really when i was married because we had so many expenses and so much debt.

looking forward to a fresh start and a new career. smile

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
my husband and I are both studying. I am doing my CPA while he gets his first degree. As long as we have been married, we have moved to a new continent, gotten a mastered degree, bought a house, and look forward to just seeing which way the wind blows us... I love this life... I am hoping in 5 years to go and live in Europe for a few years, while we work and travel.

S
S
For me it is also travelling. I love the fact that I will always be able to take 'adult' vacations...such as Europe instead of Disneyland. Being able to get up and go and not have to cart around bored, whining children. I have travelled a lot already and intend to continue that lifestyle. If I had kids I doubt I could afford it. _______________________________ www.ChildfreeCommunity.com The first and only social network dedicated exclusively to the Childfree!

A
A
2 week bike trips across the U.S.
daily workouts for as long as I want
gourmet meals every night and the time to take the cooking classes to learn gourmet cooking
long weekends in Vegas
weekend camping trips in the mountains
unlimited time to read

M
M
So many things, an excellent career earning a good salary, no mortgage, an excellent marriage, however mostly we have achieved freedom to do what we want when we want. We still have a great circle of friends and an excellent social life. We have travelled around the world. This year Russia and Scandinavia, but we have been to the US, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Europe, Asia, Africa all by the time we were 40, you just can not do those miles with children in tow.

I
I
I have got to say that that is EXACTLY how I feel!! I have been married for 5 years now and like not having kids. His family pressures me every chance they get. I like having the time to spend with my dogs and husband and do what I like. My husband believes the choice is mine and mine alone to make on having kids--he respects my choice (although I think he really doesn't understand it as that is all his family does is have kids).

I
I
You really have no idea how happy I am to have found this site--everyone I know was making me think I was a weirdo for not wanting kids--they would all say that I would change my mind when I got older--well, I will be 38 and haven't changed my mind yet! I am so glad that I really am NOT alone!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.