Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 46 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 45 46
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear Phyllis, My beloved late husband did not see hummingbirds in the wild until he came here from Singapore. I only saw them in the bird park while I was living there. I read in a few resources that hummingbirds are a symbol of joy. Walk In Balance, Deer

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear Phyllis, You are quite protected! :-) Walk In Balance, Deer

Last edited by theresa13; 04/10/09 07:10 PM.
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Yes, joy. They are also a symbol of The Spreader of Life. Hummingbirds are truly a joy. It is nice that your husband got to see them.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I would take a picture of this except I would rather not get cited for trespassing...

On my way to work there is a trailer with covers over its tires. However the covered has shredded in such a way that it looks like a white buffalo and her white calf. It immediately made me think of Phyl's avatar.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Did I ever tell you, Wendy, that I saw a buffalo in Redrock a few weeks ago and he was almost white? His fur was so light in color that I bet if he had a good washing it would be almost white. He was huge and so beautiful and majestic looking. I did not have my camera with me. Maybe soon we can drive back out there to see if we can find the buffalo again and I will get a picture.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have heard the native americans here in Arizona talking about the birth of a white buffalo and that it signifies something big. What? sheryl

Sheryl Tilley
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A white female was born in Janesville, Wisconsin quite a few years back (early or mid 90's). A friend forwarded me some pictures a few years later documenting how she had changed color.

The return of the white buffalo is very significant in Native prophecy. Some see it as a sign of major changes, others as a return to Native ways. I'm certain there are many more interpretations.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Miracle, the white buffalo did change color as she got older. Here is a link, with pictures, to the site:

Miracle

If you scroll down on the page, you will see red tabs for many pictures. smile

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 04/12/09 11:54 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Wow! A lot has gone on since I was here last. Wendy, its good to see you again. I've missed you.
Theresa, your late-husband sounds like he was a wonderful person. To name a skunk living under the house instead of trying to chase it off speaks volumes!!!
It's been very busy here - lots of birds building nests...cardinals, blue jays, finches....the eagles and hawks, too. We went fishing a few days ago and I watched the black vultures more than the fish. I LOVE those birds. They have such grace. I watched king-fishers trying to chase them away. Do vultures scavange other birds' nests? A blue heron landed in a big sycamour branch across the river from me. There were trillium, dutchmans' breeches and virginia bells blooming along the path. There is a huge, HUGE big sycamore that has been nearly hollowed out, but is still standing and growing. It's full of little chambers and hallways....I wonder who plays in there at night. I love that tree. I've often thought I'd like to do a vision quest under that tree. It is sacred.

I love Sycamores, Conni. I have been told that I am like a Sycamore - white on the outside and red inside. Guess the person who told me that sees what is in my heart.

Birds fascinate me. The Heron is so fun to watch. We used to stand out by the inlets of the Northwest Pacific Ocean in Anacortes and watch the Herons fly in and out of the little woodlands area. They are so pretty. I have not seen any Herons since I have lived in Nevada.

Nice to have you back. How is David?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 10 of 46 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.