Sorry Lynne, Guess i better pay closer attention

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I'm always happy when you comment, Rosie. I just didn't want the thread to go too far off course. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I think different hair colours say different things to different people, considering their background etc. If you go to Egypt or certain places in Africa, ppl with blonde/fair hair are followed because it's so rare to be seen. Typically, I would think - Blondes - Glamourous/cold, Red-heads - Fiery/warm, Brunette - Mysterious/Boring, Black - Harsh/strong, Grey - old/don't care much. These are all stereotypes though, I think it depends on the person sporting the hair colour, and what they've done with the cut/ if it suits them. I mean, someone who's bleached their hair a yellowy/orange colour looks terrible and false, just as someone dying their hair black, can look false and harsh. It really all depends on a lot of things.

I never go by polls on what hair colour is in vogue, or attractive, I find them mostly inacurate as most polls are aimed at selling something and also change every two minutes.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
To the above comment, you really don't seem to want to accept any different opinions. I can tell by your comments about black & grey hair. Black hair is not harsh. Grey hair is not old/don't care much. Not at all.I have silver & dark hair & I get many compliments. Brunette/boring? Most women have brunette hair. Yet, you say positive things about blondes & red hair. I really don't want to argue with you, but you are stereotyping people & haircolor. You seem to want to make negative comments about brunettes, dark hair & grey hair. I find that very offensive.

I never go by polls 100% but the media & people pushing stereotypes are also trying to sell products too. I don't want to get into a battle with you about it. We have to agree to disagree to keep the peace around here.But somehow, I don't think that you will let it go. Hopefully you do. Lets, respect each other's opinions & not stereotype & make rude comments about the different hair colors.

What my dark/silver hair says about me is that I am confident & have my own style. I'm 52 & I'm lucky to look much younger. I am very slim too & dress nice. So, that is very far from old looking & not caring.

So to the above poster, can we let this go already? Or do you want to make some more negative comments about dark & grey hair?? Please, let's respect each other's opinions & let it go.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend. Judy

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Judy, no I don't mean to offend you - I said those were stereotypes in the media, and I don't think calling someone cold is a compliment. For every positive I gave a negative (or tried to even it out).

I've already said twice that different haircolours look beautiful depending on the individual. You don't seem to be reading the full post, just taking things out that you want. I literally love all types of hair colour, although I admit I'm not a fan of grey hair, but I've seen people who can carry it off, if it's all a beautiful silvery colour. I love black hair, and I love Brunette's! I've had both these hair colours - the topic is 'What does hair colour say about you?' - I'm giving my opinions on what they say to most people as a stereotype, which I've said I'm against.

I am annoyed that you constantly mis-quote me however, I did not say ppl with Black hair looked false I said it can, and this was also part of a sentence. Reading back through the posts, you have mis-read everything I have written nd taken it as a pesonal insult for some reason. It was and is not. I'm not having any debate with you/I'm talking to anyone reading this thread.

As I've said before, but I'll repeat it now again, I think all hair colours can be beautiful. This is a discussion, and obviously that means giving different opinions. I also don't see why you think I'm addressing you constantly, in some kind of negative way? I'm not. I've just answered a few topics you brought up.

Anyway, I hope that clears it up, I'm just trying to show stereotypes of haircolour by the media, these aren't all my personal opinions as I said. I also said it depends on the individual, I'm sorry that you felt it was aimed at you somehow, but it wasn't. It's only hair colour at the end of the day. Jeez!

Take it easy smile

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 04/04/09 12:03 PM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Hey, happy birthday Steven!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL - thanks Jilly smile I really appreciate that you noticed. Hope you have a great weekend smile

Take it easy,

Steve smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Happy Birthday Steve. I've been gone all day and got to the forums just in time to see your birthday cake.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI to Steven,
I knew you would not let it go. We need to agree to disagree. This is 1 reason that many people leave this site & others. I did not mis-read anything that you or anyone else said. I can read & understand what people write & post. I'm not stupid.

You really need to take it easy. We don't agree, so please let's just leave it at that. Or will you continue to want to go back & forth?? I don't. You can think what you want. But it is silly to go back & forth about it, so let's stop. I rather be at peace than right & argue. Which what this is turning into.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I think we can all agree that for better or for worse, people do make judgments about each other based on how they look, and based on their own experiences in the past. We all hopefully feel proud about how we look, and we enjoy the way we dress. But it's a good thing to take stock every once in a while and be aware of how others in the current culture might perceive us *at first* before they get to know us. We can of course choose to stay with how we dress! But it's better to be aware of the way people perceive us and act with that awareness, rather than be unaware of it.

Silver - I understand that you are very proud of your silver hair, and that is wonderful! I do think it's good to be aware of how many people in our current culture perceive it, though. I have many friends in their 50s and 60s and this is something we have experimented with heavily. We have dyed our hair, stopped dying our hair, dyed it different colors. People we interact with treat us *very* differently depending on how the hair looks. Our faces are the same, our clothes are the same, our accents are the same. It is the hair which people are reacting to.

Many of my friends have chosen to stay silver or grey, which is wonderful for them! But they also realize that their choice does have an effect on how they are perceived by strangers.

I think that's all that was being said - that in our culture, the color grey does create an impression in most peoples' minds. I definitely have proven beyond any doubt that that is true.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.