Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Is anyone having luck finding a first job out of college? I saw this article in the USA Today and it made me wonder if that's what you're seeing where you are?

College grads face worst market in years:

Comments?

Last edited by Kristy_postcollege; 04/02/09 09:17 PM.

Kristy Jackson
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I do think it's challenging for anyone looking for a job - but I also think many great jobs are out there. It requires more networking and resume tuning than previously.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I agree with Lisa. Finding a job is all about networking. The traditional way of finding a job looking through the newspaper will net very little results. Jobs are there, but you have to find a way to make your resume stand out above the rest.
A mediocre resume will probably net zero results.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
P
P
I've had a lot of [b]problems looking for a job[/b] too. I recently came across a service called [url= http://resumeguru.us] ResumeGuru [/url] [url= http://resumeguru.us]http://resumeguru.us[/url]. My sister used it and she had great results. Basically if you're wondering to yourself: - [b]how do i make my resume[/b] - [b]do i need an objective on my resume[/b] - [b]where do i post my resume[/b] ResumeGuru has the answers. They have Fortune 500 ex-recruiters doing all the screening and writing for you. My sister got a job within 18 days of having her [b]resume and cover letter corrected[/b] by them. She said they asked her a barrage of questions, but that they were super polite and did an excellent job. She's now working for Boeing, and I'm really happy for her. It only cost 40$ and she basically went from 9 months unemployed to being fully employed with a great salary and benefits as a permanent (not a contractor). I placed an order with them tonight so I'll follow up and let you guys know if it works for me too.

Last edited by pandaqueen; 04/17/09 11:53 PM.
S
S
another way to approach the problem is to prove your worth. if you can't get a paying job right now, you're better off doing an unpaid internship and stay part of the workforce. it's better than having a giant hole in your resume for a period because of layoffs and unemployment. ResumeGuru does an excellent job rescoping people's resumes to fit the current job market.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.