Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
What does hair color say to others about who you are?

Wise Use of Hair Color

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Well, I have to be blonde - I feel really boring if it's not blonde. I think it sets me apart from others cos it's light, and I like to be different. Plus, it was always naturally white-blonde and then it got darker, so technically, I'm just going back to my roots cos its dark blonde without highlights. I love blonde hair - I always have. I think it says a lot, if you look at the media.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Mine says I don't care about my hair.

I really should get the greys out, but it's too much effort. :-P

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Mine says I am who I am, and I don't have any need to be otherwise. I tell people that I care about my appearance by keeping my hair clean, healthy and styled.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My friends has this beautiful deep red hair - I think it says she's fun. I think it's important, hair can make or break you.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
I used to color my hair alot. It damaged it over the yrs. I had my hair a very light platinum blond & as dark as black. But I started to grow it out a couple of yrs. ago. It is not almost all of my natural hair color, which is a very dark brown, that looks black with alot of silver which look like highlights.

Out of any hair color I had this my natural haircolor now, gets the most positive attention from men & women. I get alot of compliments. If your hair is damaged from any kind of dyes, highlights & colors it will not look good. Healthy shiney, hair looks good, natural or colored.

Also, I do disagree with a post above from, Horror Editor, that blonde hair is better in the media. That is not always so. It used to be. But now with different ethnic, famous, talented women, such as Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek & many more, darker hair is taking over. I'm glad. It is about time. I am not, in no way putting down anyone with light or blonde hair. But it is not always better & for everyone.

I'm 52 & when I was younger & a teen, the popular look was to have pin straight, long blonde hair. My hair was & is dark & naturally curly. Anyone who did not fit that blonde sterotype was look down on in my area & elsewhere. I'm glad that things have changed so that many looks, hair textures, styles & color are appreciated. In the past, only 1 way or 2 ways of looking was the best & acceptable.I'm glad that there are all kinds of beauty & not only because a woman has blonde hair. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everybody! Judy K.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
SILVER50, I didn't say that at all, if you look again. I said I found it a more positive thing for me, and that it gave me more confidence, I left the media part open, but I meant that if you look at most ppl, they feel better blonde. Because it's brighter. Of course, I am a blonde, so of course I'm going to feel better a lighter shade as well. Plus, I do think in the media and even on this site, it's acceptable to put down blondes and make blonde jokes; which I think says a lot more about the ppl making them. If anyone was making comments or 'jokes' about redheads or people with grey hair, I don't think it would go down so well. I also think that says a lot about blondes and how they don't take everything as serious. Media examples: 'blondes have more fun', 'Gentleman Prefer Blondes', 'Blonde Ambition' these are the media references that come to mind. Like it or not, it's seen as more glamorous by Hollywood. I only saw a show this morning with women saying how unattractive Scarlett Johansen looked as a brunette compared to being blonde. I don't think it's better for everyone, I never said that either - I think some people, such as you mention, Halle Berry, she's been Blonde in two of her most famous movies and didn't look that great, I think it's what suits the individual.

I think brunette, blonde, redhead - can all be stunning and beautiful.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
I was not trying to come down on you at all.I also do not want to argue or get into any kind of battle with you. I was & am just giving out my opinion, just as everybody else do here. I think that all hair shades are beautiful. I will disagree about the media stuff. It has changed alot, that blonde is not always the # 1 look for magazines, movies etc.

I do think the blonde jokes are unfair & immature. Most actresses/ models were brunettes before becoming blonde. I would say to do what looks bests for you. If it's a natural hair color, fine, if it looks better colored that's ok too.

Healthy hair looks the best no matter what color. I never said that you said it's better for everybody. The media will say what it has to & that is usually to make $ or sell something. The Styles etc. are always changing. Those blonde sterotypes are changing & I'm very glad.

The majority of the top celebrities now are not blondes. Yes, many women or men who have dark hair & go blonde, usually don't look good. It's the same for women with blonde hair who go very dark or black with their hair color.

No 1 hair color should be better or # 1. We should just accept people as they are & not sterotype. You know the "blondes have more fun". etc. If you do check out some polls most men do not prefer blondes these days. Have a nice Sun.

I'm a light brunette with gray, also my hair is over 3feet long, and very thick. I like my hair the way it is.

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
The article is about the immediate impression given to others by different colors and how it can be used - if you so choose.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.