Print Thread
#492052 02/08/09 04:56 PM
A
ashleyspoor
Unregistered
ashleyspoor
Unregistered
A
I am 26 years old and found out I was 5 weeks pregnant in December. My husband and I were not trying, but we were thrilled. I had a very easy pregnancy, no morning sickness just nausea, and when I went for my 9 week appointment in January the doctor stated everything was fine and I was progressing normally. I had been concerned that something was wrong because I hadn't "felt pregnant." I was starting to show around my appointment and my breasts were extremely tender, so at least I knew something was going right. I just couldnt wait to get out of my first trimester so I could stop worrying so much. On January 22nd, 4 days before the end of my first trimester, I started spotting. I went to the doctor only to find that there was no heartbeat. I was almost 12 weeks and my baby had stopped growing around 10 weeks. Seeing my unborn baby on the monitor with no heartbeat absolutely broke my heart, and unfortunately that is a vision I have not been able to remove from my mind. I went for my D&C the next day, which went great, and I was on bedrest for a week. I did everything the doctor asked me to do, but the cramping and the bleeding only got worse. It has now been 2 weeks since my D&C and I am not bleeding as much but having more cramping, so my doctor sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed large blood clots in my uterus, and my doctor has me back on bedrest to see if the clots will pass themselves. If they dont, I may need another D&C. Has anyone had this happen? I'm terrified of having another D&C, because what's to say that this won't just happen again? I'm ready to try and put this past me but emotionally I cannot heal because I'm still in so much physical pain. I really appreciate any insight..... Ashley

Last edited by ashleyspoor; 02/08/09 05:00 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#496986 02/24/09 07:35 PM
C
C
I am having my D&C tomorrow, I'm terrified! My pregnancy went great I felt fine and dandy went in for my dating ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. I to am haunted by the image of my baby that will never breath life. My visit was so traumatic because I was told by an U/S tech that my baby had no heartbeat and that I would most likely miscarry at any moment and given an emergency number for an on call OB since mine was on vacation and there was no one else in the office to speak with me. I am so hurt by what I went through over the weekend second guessing everything and trying to convince myself that it was just a tech and maybe everything was fine and the dates were just off. I went in yesterday and my DR confirmed that there was no growth since week 8 and I should get a D&C since I was having no spotting or cramping or any signs of naturally passing anytime soon. We were so excited since we already have a 2 year old and our pregnancy with him was sooooooooooooo easy and uneventful we just didn't think this was even a chance we told everyone, were so excited started planning everything so quickly so it's been hard picking up the pieces. I hope all goes well with my D&C and I can get past this quickly, I am worried about the physical pain holding me back emotionally too. We want more children but I'm terrified of ever feeling this way again. How are you doing as of now physically? Are you goind to try for another pregnancy?

Last edited by CorbynsMomAndrea; 02/24/09 07:38 PM.
T
T
i recently miscarried both of my twins around 7-9 weeks. i had a d and c one week ago. for 3 days i barely bled. the next 3 days, alot heavier. at the end of the 6th day, i passed this huge 'thing.' it was either a prune size blood clot, or god forbid, fetal tissue left from the procedure. called the dr's office. the nurse seemed to think that some clots, even large ones are normal. said to not worry unless i was soaking a pad per hour. ashleyspoor, did anyone tell you why these clots formed? corbynsmom...are you having the d and c in the dr office or in a hospital? i had to have mine in the hospital due to losing multiples...but i must say it went very well. the worst part is the prep for the surgery. the mental anguish will be terrible that day. knowing you are pregnant one minute, and when you wake, the baby will be gone. once they knock you out, you blink your eyes, wake up, and its all over. i felt just fine after the procedure physically. very little pain. the mental part will hurt way worse

td9672 #502290 03/13/09 10:22 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I had a miscarriage and D&C 16 years ago and I had cramps for about 4 days afterward. i was told at the time it was ok because my body was adjusting and healing but if it went on longer then 7 days to let the doctor know. My sympathy and prayers go out to all of you ladies and husbands for your loses. I lost mine 16 years ago and it still hurts sometimes when I think of him and what might have been.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
B
B
When I had my miscarriage and D&C it went very "smoothly" until almost a week later. I bled some, but not as much as I was expecting, and it was drying up quite nicely. I had it on a Wednesday, and the following Monday all of a sudden I had severe cramps that doubled me over and I nearly fell to the floor. I also started bleeding fresh, red blood. I called the dr who said to go to the ER. I had an transvaginal u/s there and they said I was contracting, I had a large clot that was stuck and my uterus was trying to expel it. It all worked out there while I was at the ER but I was told if it didn't work its way out I would have to have another D&C. I don't think what happened to you is really unusual. That being said, I still know how much it hurts (and the physical pain is nothing compared to the emotional). If you are in doubt AT ALL call your dr. If you aren't satisfied with what he/she tells you, get a second opinion.

BarbB #505530 03/26/09 12:43 PM
S
S
Hi- I was wondering what D&C is? is it when they clean your uterus out after a miscarriage? What does it stand for? I was diagnosed with an early miscarriage and was told to set up an appt at a clinic referred by the ER to remove any tissues that may still reside in my body, unfortunately there is a time frame to call and set up an appt that I haven't gotten around to it yet and am worried if the longer I wait, that something terrible may happen..? Its been a week and a half since my diagnose and I still need to set up the appt. I've felt reeeally hungry for some odd reason during this last week, weak, tired, tender breasts still.. is this typical for all of you after you had the miscarriage? I'm just very confused and I don't know if I'm depressed or if my body is just trying to suffice itself. This is my first time getting pregnant and having a miscarriage and I'm scared. I was hoping joining a forum would help me find answers and ease my mind. Thank you and I sympathize with everyone who had to go through a miscarriage- its just awful. <3

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
D&C stands for Dilation and Curettage

The following little tidnit is from American Pregnancy.or

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/dandc.html

What is a D&C Procedure?
D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage. Dilation means to open up the cervix; curettage means to remove the contents of the uterus. Curettage may be performed by scraping the uterine wall with a curette instrument or by a suction curettage (also called vacuum aspiration), using a vacuum-type instrument.

Is a D&C necessary after a miscarriage?
About 50% of women who miscarry do not undergo a D&C procedure. Women can safely miscarry on their own, with few problems in pregnancies that end before 10 weeks. After 10 weeks, the miscarriage is more likely to be incomplete, requiring a D&C procedure to be performed. Choosing whether to miscarry naturally (called expectant management) or to have a D&C procedure is often a personal choice, best decided after talking with your health care provider.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
I
I
hi i recently had a miscarriage and like many women i too had a d&c, i just had 2 get it over and done with, could't bare the thought of going around for the next couple of weeks knowing that mybaby had died and was still inside me so the d&c was done the day after i found out i had miscarried. unlike all the other womens stories i had no pain wotsoever after the procedure and i barely bled 2, the d&c was done on the tues and i had stopped bleeding by the thurs night, (apart from the odd day where i would get a slight brown discharge). is this normal? im kind of worried now cos i havent read about this happening to any other women.

K
K
i just had a D and C too for all the same reasons you said. I couldn't walk around knowing my baby was dead and still in me. I have had no pain either, either before I first spotted or after the D and C. Also no bleeding, and it was 3 days ago now. This is a good thing, considering our circumstances. This is closure and it is just coming sooner than later for us. No complications is good.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.