logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi all, I'm playing around with art journaling and ATC's and was just wondering if anyone else here does too. As much as there's some great info on the net, it would be great to swap ideas and share what we're doing here. By the way, I am a total beginner and very much fumbling my way along..... :))

Last edited by Yarnplay; 03/25/09 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
A couple of years ago I tried to get my fellow artists interested in ATCs with not much luck. So I ended up using the cards as little ads for a local art fair I was in. I put my name and the art fair info on the back of the cards and then left them here and there around town. I never found out if anybody came to the fair because they found a card, but I felt like the Easter Bunny when I was slipping them into store shelves, library tables and church pews!

OP Offline
That sounds fabulous! I wish I'd found one, I'd treasure something like that! Do you do them now?

Shark
Shark
Heh - that must have been great when people found them, Claybird! What a bonus for them.

I paint/create at least one ATC/ACEO every day. I find them extraordinarily inspirational for everything I do - I use them to put those images on other things and for bigger pictures.

Amoeba
Amoeba
What a wonderful surprise/gift to find!

I have an idea! What about having an ATC exchange? We could all sign up for an exchange like a Christmas exchange and send in one ATC for each person that signs up & I will repackage and distribute them to all on the list.

Anyone who visits our forum or reads the painting articles and/or receives the newsletter would find out about it and could participate. We can perhaps get some other BellaOnline editors involved and gets lots of participants.

Each person could opt to send in a certain number or to send one to each participant, just in case they only want to send 25 or whatever numbers we set up. If all goes well, we could have lots of people participating.

Let me know what you all think and we can begin work on it.

Last edited by Paula - Painting Editor; 04/01/09 10:40 AM.

Paula Devore, Painting Editor
Painting Website
Painting Forum
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I love it! ATCs are fun to do, and a nice break from doing more "important" things. It could be a lot of work for you, Paula, so it should be set up as simply as possible. Maybe you could stipulate the number of cards...ten would be a manageable number, that every person would send in and get ten assorted cards in return? That way everybody would get cards back and it would be easy to keep track of. They should include a SASE too, so you wouldn't have to bother with addressing and packaging. What do you think?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Great ideas! Thanks! OK ... If people are interested, they should post here so we will be able to get a list together. I think 10 cards would be fine. If anyone has other ideas, let me know and then stay tuned for details.

Happy painting,
Paula
Painting Editor

Painting Website
Painting Forum
Amoeba
Amoeba
This sounds like a lot of fun, but since no one has responded wanting to participate, I will leave it up for a couple more weeks but will have to close it off after that.

If you are interested in ATC's, please sound off!

Painting Website
Painting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.