logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#496064 02/21/09 03:37 PM
OP Offline
The Basic 3-Step Skincare Regimen

Step 1:Cleansing. Simple is key here. You need to find a good cleanser that your skin responds well to, and stick with it. Avoid bar soaps as they tend to dry out the skin. Most cleansers contain oil, water and "surfactants." The oil dissolves oil on your face, surfactants dissolve dirt and makeup and the water washes it all away. The secret is finding the right mix of oil. Too much on your skin will clog pores, while too little will dry it out. This is why you need to know your skin type. Be careful not to cleanse too often. Washing at night should be enough. While some skincare experts swear you should cleanse skin with creamy cleansers that you wipe off with a tissue, never letting water touch your skin (some hard waters are especially hard on skin), we prefer the water method. In the morning, a splash of lukewarm water is all you need (we find it's great for removing excess oils from your nightly moisturizing). Never wash your face with hot or cold water (both can cause broken capillaries). Also be careful about over-cleansing your skin. Here's the best way to wash your face: Use warm water to loosen dirt and clogged pores. Use a dime-sized bit of 3 in 1 Daily Cleanser, then rinse with cool or lukewarm water. 3 in 1 Daily Cleanser is also a proper makeup remover.

Step 2: Exfoliate and Tone. Exfoliation is the step most people skip in their weekly skincare routine. But trust me, if you start properly exfoliating your skin, you will notice an almost immediate difference. Scrubs work by removing the top layer of dead skin cells that tend to dull your complexion. We find exfoliating skin once a week keeps skin glowing year-round. Make sure you use a Gentle Scrub with tiny grains. Using an Anti-Oxidant Toner is a great way to minimize pore size and refresh your skin after exfoliation. Exfoliated skin is clean and ready to absorb vitamins and minerals.

In the hour it takes to get a chemical peel, you can take five years off your face. Can't afford the price tag for a monthly peel? Try Skin-On product scrubs-Exfoliants.

Step 3: Moisturize. A basic law of beauty is that everyone, no matter what their skin type, should moisturize. Even if your skin is oily, it will benefit from moisturizers. Moisturizers and Creams seal moisture into the skin. So how much should you moisturize? Your skin will tell you. When your skin is tight, it's crying out for moisture. Be careful not to over-moisturize, this can cause clogged pores.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 02/25/09 05:14 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Aside from the 3 basic steps of facial regimens,I also take vitsmin C 500mg tablet and vitamin E 200iu capsule once a day.The drugs help replinish the loss vitamins in our body which protects our cells from damange thus delay the damage of our skin due to aging.

You should also just dab your face dry, not rub as this can also break up capillaries as well.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
H
H
It is also very important to eat healthy and exercise to keep looking young. Vitamins and supplements are important as well as they keep your body working at its best. I take Juvenon and really like it because it gives me energy so I feel younger too. Regardless to stay looking young you need to be healthy and take care of yourself

Another great anti-aging treatment is proper facial exercise to keep the skin toned and the muscles in shape.

Last edited by Beauty B's; 04/01/09 06:21 AM.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
The best anti-aging secret is keep your skin out of the sun and moisturize every night. Drink lots of water and get a good nights sleep! Mattie a la mode

J
J
Your post is very informative. Lots of people do not know this. I use natural beauty skin care regimen like honey, lemon, cucumber, etc. I have very sensitive skin and prone to allergies that's why I'm afraid of using commercial skin care products. But I am very much familiar with being very presentable and having beautiful, pinkish, smooth and soft skin..<a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by jollivee; 03/30/09 10:56 AM.
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Newbies, welcome to the forum, We hope that yous will enjoy your stay!

Rosie L
C
C
Thanks for the information about the Basic 3-Step Skincare Regimen. But aside from those steps, could you suggest what is the best moisturizer? And how would you know if you are over-moisturized? Does your face becomes oilier than usual or what? Any answer will be deeply appreciated.. Thanks a lot!

F
F
The Best skin care I've ever used, and i tried everything for dry skin. cost .99 cents I heard the plastic surgeon on the TV show "The Doctor's" say that for beautiful young looking hands put vaseline on your hands then put on a pair of gloves before bed. So I went out and bought white cotton gloves, tried it and oh my goodness, my hands are restored to at least five years younger. So I decided to put it on my face for my very dry skin, (not to close to eyes) and I'd be darn, my wrinkles are gone! From the puppet lines on the sides of my chin to the rest of the wrinkles that I wake up with, gone! All from regular vaseline. Once you take a shower and wash your face it is not oily, it's just not dry.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.