Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Lori-Marriage
After simmering a beautiful stock all day long, I drained the bones, vegetables and herbs into a colandar. Only, I forgot to put a pot to catch the broth underneath so I drained my savory stock down the drain while keeping the spent bones and veggies.

This was my favorite, because I would do something like this if I were distracted or especially if I had one of my bad insomnia nights.

This isn't a cooking story, but I thought y'all might get a kick out of it anyway.
We've been trying to get our youngest son (6) to leave the room when I change clothes and understand he can't just bust in on me in the bathroom or shower anymore because he's growing up and boys and girls shouldn't see each other naked.

Well, the other day I needed to change so I said, "Seth, I need to change." and hubby goes, "Ok, out Seth"

Seth responds with, "Yeah, because I can't see you naked, that's disgusting."

I was torn between laughing to death and not sure whether I should be insulted or not.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
My favorite childhood toy was my EasyBake Oven! I played with it every day and would serve the cakes on my miniature china tea set. It brings back such loving memories of my grandpa who would patiently wait to be served a spongy, pasty "cake" and a drip of juice from the tiny teapot!

My mom scolded him for indulging me like that, telling him not to eat those "awful" things. But he winked at me, ate with exaggerated relish, and left me a penny or two on the table. I love and miss that man! smile

His smiles and appreciation made me fall in love with cooking. I still enjoy seeing the expressions on people's faces when they eat good food (I've gotten much better at cooking, BTW! LOL!)

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Hi Lori:

Your stories are so funny, I bet you have more.
You should write a book. I would buy it !!

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Originally Posted By: three spices
Hi Lori:

Your stories are so funny, I bet you have more.
You should write a book. I would buy it !!

I agree, three spices, Lori's got some great stories! This has been such a fun thread. smile

By the way, I love your display name "Three Spices"...now I have to ask--what are your favorite three spices? smile

Gecko
Gecko
Lori when your on a roll let it rip (pun intended)

I have a story not about me but my friend. My BFF's brother came home to have some surgery done and then to recuperate. He was a chef and so decided to cook a chicken one day for dinner and made coc au vin using his mom's favorite clay pot to cook it in. While sitting around the table at dinner his mom commented this is fantastic how did you make this. To which he replied...1st you "crack the pot" blah blah blah. All of a sudden his mom registered with the crack the pot to which she screamed out...Noooooooooo, Allan you didn't??? Yup he broke her favorite clay pot.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
LOL. Thanks for the encouragement, all. smile

There is a saying, "Truth is stranger than fiction."

BTW, that would be a great thread to start: What are your favorite three spices?

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
The other night I was in the process of cooking a great dinner, and trying to clean up as I went along.

I was spraying the cleaner on the counters, and wiping up everything. Spray, wipe, spray, wipe...I was on a roll.

Until...

I sprayed the bowl of lettuce that was patiently waiting for dressing and cucumbers.

Thankfully, the chicken casserole was in the oven, out of my spraying range.

Nothing like having salad with a side of 409. blush

Needless to say, we skipped the salad that evening.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
What are some funny mix ups you've done--salt for sugar, sugar for salt, self rising flour for all purpose, etc.?

I think I make more mistakes when I'm in a huge hurry.

Also, I do like the idea of setting out neat little bowls of ingredients. However, if you forget which is which (such as above in this post) well, then you'll probably end up right here on this thread! grin

We welcome you with open arms and lots of laughs! smile

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
I�ve posted about this before, but I have to add it again-
How is that my dog always seems to know if what I�m cooking will turn out great, or is not worth even trying?

Some days, I can cook dishes that astonish myself, lol! On those days, the dog is always right there, eagerly wagging his tail and hoping for a bite.

However, on the days when I�m thinking the meal may not turn out as great as I thought, he seems to know it�and avoids the kitchen at all costs.

Anyone else have a dog that �knows� how the meal will turn out? grin

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
My daughter forgot to add flour to her cake recipe and didn't add ginger to her gingerbread.

My cousin made us "Surprise Turkey Casserole" and forgot to put in the turkey. Surprise!

Brandii, that is so funny about your dog! Our dog knows when I clean out the refrigerator leftovers, he comes running.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.