Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Do you think Republicans would have done better in the election had they not ignored the issues that ruined the economy? They accomplished a growing government and being fiscally irresponsible, so I guess they had to create reasons for their contributors to be angry and afraid of smart liberal and moderate politicians instead of owning up and making a better plan.

I'm surprised that Republicans have not woken up and expressed anger at their own party's leadership - and lack of it. Leadership that has dragged down the economy and taken diplomacy out of foreign policy, and lack of leadership in even considering bringing us back before we fell over the brink.

I guess they will be creating as many distractions as they can while the economy collapses further - but wouldn't it be nice if they decided to dedicate themselves to the best interests of the middle class and business instead of predicting disappointment with President-Elect Obama's appointments and plans?

I pity the upstanding Republican businessmen and women in my community, who have nothing to look forward to from their party leadership except more of the same disappointment we all feel in them.

There is so much important work to be done, I am so thankful Democrats have a focus on what they can do and how we can help. And we are not waiting until January 20th - our communities need our help right now.

For instance:

Thomas wrote:
Across the country, food banks are struggling to keep up with increased demand. And with the holidays approaching, we all can do something about it. Today, Democrats Work,
<BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 11/21/08 07:51 PM.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Just wanted to also point out that you can also volunteer to help raise the money for the food banks. My son and I for the whole month of October volunteered for the local Fish haunted house, we had an absolute ball and at the same time helped raised money that will be used to help people in our community.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: CrochetQueen
Just wanted to also point out that you can also volunteer to help raise the money for the food banks. My son and I for the whole month of October volunteered for the local Fish haunted house, we had an absolute ball and at the same time helped raise money that will be used to help people in our community.

Great idea! And I bet you met some wonderful people in your area, too. They say that the holidays are when more people are likely to give generously to food banks, but this year and next many more who contributed in the past will be seeking help for their families themselves.

I hope that the food stamp program is enhanced so that we can save our neighborhood grocery stores, too.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

[quote]Across the country, food banks are struggling to keep up with increased demand. And with the holidays approaching, we all can do something about it. Today, Democrats Work,
<BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 11/30/08 05:49 AM.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Is anyone else planning to attend a house meeting or other "Change is Coming" event? We are expecting a cold snap and I'm not sure I will be able to make it down the hill to ours on Saturday - only in the 20's and low 30's but it's the first below-freezing few days this winter. We have a Christmas party Sunday, too. A little bit of snow can cause a lot of complications in our neighborhood. I'm glad I planned to bring snacks we enjoy - we could be marooned for a bit.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

info@barackobama.com wrote:

[quote]I just recorded a special video message -- from a place you might recognize -- about this weekend's Change is Coming house meetings, and why you should join tens of thousands of your fellow supporters.

Watch the video and find a Change is Coming house meeting near you. Or host one yourself and invite your friends, family, and neighbors.

At the house meetings, you'll reflect on our campaign, discuss the future of this movement, and identify some ways to get involved in your community.

Meeting hosts will report back, and your feedback will be instrumental in guiding this movement through some important and unprecedented territory.

This grassroots organization has always been about more than an election. It's about transforming our country -- and we've only just begun.

With the enormous challenges we're facing at home and abroad, we have no choice but to continue working together. There's so much more we can do to help Barack bring change to America.

How we do that is up to you.

Watch the video and sign up to host or attend a house meeting this weekend:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

P
P
I am writing this a bit later than you guys (gals). Simply put, both parties have dirty hands, they always do. However, the buzzwords for G. Bush and Republicans has been smaller government, deregulation, tax cuts, less spending, trickle down economics, fewer handouts....... How did the Republicans score? ***** They did NOT achieve smaller government. ***** Deregulation has been pretty much a bust...the greedy, arrogant, Wizards of Wall Street and Bankers and CEOs went nuts....They LEGALLY derailed the U.S. and World economies. ***** Yes, they achieved tax cuts...but that was easily spent on higher priced gas, food.... (I won't discuss blame here.) ***** Trickle down economics generally meant more money for those at the top and investors...while ordinary workers didn't see much if any gain in their paychecks. Jobs were quite available but not as plentiful as they could have been. There was a lot of outsourcing of American jobs. ***** Social programs were slightly cut....and privatizing social security went nowhere...(thank God in hindsight). No, I do NOT blame the Republicans only...let's face it, the Democrats complained...but still were part of it and enjoyed the ride.... ***** However, putting Big Business first, deregulation, tax cuts no matter what, and cutting social programs have been a Republican mantra....for as long as I can remember. A loooong time!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
What I would like know is -

- what will all those vets do for jobs when they get home, or will they stay on and still be paid?

They will find a very different economic situation to adapt to.

P
P
Republicans supposedly want smaller government, unless it means they have the chance to use the government to nose about in everyone's private communications, then government is good. Republicans favor deregulation, but we all know that any market is not going to regulate themselves. We would still have pollution spewing out of factory stacks and elsewhere if the government hadn't seen that this was a bad thing and regulated it. Republicans see Regan's trickle down theory as 'manna from heaven'. However I only got 'trickled on' in the form of low pay and no savings. Republicans want to cut social programs put into place to protect those fellow Americans who have come on hard times and who are unable to take care of themselves. Republicans don't see these people as actually human. They believe anyone getting help from a social program is automatically lazy, a loafer, a bum. They have no idea what to do with fellow Americans who are mentally unable to take care of themselves, or physically unable to do so or old. Evidently they think they will just politely disappear when the Republicans get into office again. (Lord help us.) And these are the people of the party who think they have the right ear of God. Evidently they have skipped reading the Bible in total. I have always said that Republicans are cheap and mean. And I stand by that until proven otherwise.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.